Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jen48446
    replied
    I'm having success with the bcp however the most important thing is the CORRECT dosage for your hormonal needs! You'll need to get your estrogen & progesterone levels checked preferably by a doctor to determine how much of each hormone your body needs, we're all different so what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another that is the most frustrating part!

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    I am one that was helped by the pill.. My GYN put me on continuous birthcontrol, so I never have a period, but I also have endo and it helps so much with the cramping..

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    My IC started when I quit a birth control pill I'd been on for 10 years. When I went back on it, my symptoms improved within a week (though it didn't go away, which is what I really hoped for). I take Necon 1/35.

Hope you have similarly or better results!

Leave a comment:

• IcyAngel23
    replied
    I've had IC for over 4 years now and I was on the pill for about 2.5 of those years will little help. I was on the pill for 6 years and got off of it a few years into my IC.My uro did recomend Seasonal recently because you only get your period 4 x a year so I might try that .I was on Alesse.

Leave a comment:

• babygirlh1
    replied
    I just talked to a nurse about IC and menstrual cycles. Some women will have more symptoms with their cycle and others, like me, have none. I actually feel better when I have my cycle except for the cramps. But, no bladder pain, burning, or urgency with my cycle. :woohoo:
    I'm probably in the minority on that one.

Leave a comment:

• floridamom
    started a topic Using Birth Control Pills To Control Ic

Using Birth Control Pills To Control Ic

HI there
    I am a lurker here on these boards, but have had IC for about 3 years now, no success in any cures yet (have tried all the drugs, done the hydros, etc). I am now considering getting onto the Pill to see if that will help my IC symptoms. I find that my flareups are generally related to my menstrual cycle. I figure if I can get rid of ovulation (usually get a BAD flareup for a few days each month at that time) & then lighten my periods/cramping will perhaps lessen my IC flareups!!
    I am sure I am not the only one on here who has considered this...has anyone actually TRIED it & if so, what kind of side effects/success have you seen? Also what kind of BC pill did you use? My OB has me taking YAZ (will start my first pill tonite)...WOULD love feedback ASAP to help in my decision if I swallow it or not tonite, lol.
    THanks much!
Working...
X