Whole Body Detox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whole Body Detox

Has anyone ever done a whole body detox/cleanse?? If you did is there a bladder friendly one?
    Jennifer

Current Conditions

Endometriosis Feb 02
    Depression May 05
    Interstitial Cystitis Nov 06
    Fibromyalgia May 07
    Suspected IBS

Current Meds.
    Elmiron, Cymbalta, Prelief, Probiotic Daily
    Urelle and Tramadol as needed for pain

http://www.myspace.com/all4my2febboys

detox

hello, I just went through a month yeast detox. there is a great book "The Yeast Connection and Women's Health" By William G. Crook, MD. I took can-sol 2x daily and acidolphilous(sp) pills, did not eat any gluten, basically surgar, white flour, which makes sense, that both cause inflammation. the book tells you basically how to follow the diet detox, It was suggested to me to do it twice as long as recommmend because of ALL my diseases.

I can't really say at this point I'm ready to dance...But I'm Hopeful that something will kick in soon.

Good Luck, God Bless,
    MARY

Serenity isn't freedom from the storm.....it's peace within the storm.....I had my sick bladder removed Jan 7th 2010.....Even though I had many complications.......I would do it again in a moment.....I have no regrets......Sunflowers in memory of my sister who passed March 14th 2010......they were her favorite....

Comment

Oh Marla thats a great book, I have learned so much about yeast by reading it..
      Hugs
      Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
      Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
      Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
      Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
      Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

My mom just researched and emailed me a total body cleanse. It is safe for bladder b/c there is no acid....in fact....the point of the diet is to get your body back to complete alkaline 7.4%. The total body cleanse lasts 11 days. My mom is suggesting that I do this diet for 11 days, then at that point evaluate how I feel. If I feel absolutely no difference, it may be safe to assume that diet doesn't affect my IC as much as others. If I feel fabulous, its a good indication that something I'm eating is causing a problem.
        So, after the 11 day strict diet, you would add back 1 food a day and evaluate how you feel by logging everything in a notebook.

Sounds good - not sure if I can be SO disciplined though. I have an appt. with a nutrionalist on Tuesday so I want to run it by her first. Here are the rules:

ALKALINE DIET:

GOAL:
        TO ALKALANIZE THE DIET TO REDUCE INFLAMMATION, STIFFNESS & JOINT PAIN & CHRONIC ILLNESS, AND SUPPORT THE MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM

TRIAL PERIOD:
        FOR 11 DAYS, FOLLOW THESE DIETARY SUGGESTIONS

EAT ONLY FROM THESE CATEGORIES (NO OTHER FOODS OR DRINKS DURING THIS DIET):
        Green vegetables such as zucchini, broccoli, spinach, kale, peas, green beans, snap peas, peppers
        Cabbage, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts
        Sulfur-bearing vegetables such as onions and garlic
        Fruits such as oranges, pineapple, lemon, pears, apples, grapes & strawberries kiwi
        Salads (no iceberg lettuce) with green leaf, red leaf, romaine and spinach, oil and vinegar dressing, olives, onions, mushrooms, radish
        Meats: no red meat or ham; no bacon, but rather fish, chicken, turkey
        Nuts & seeds such as walnuts, pecans, sunflower seeds, nut butters
        Grains: such as brown rice, oat meal, quinoa, millet
        Dairy: use butter only, sparingly

Vegetables may be lightly steamed.

AVOID:
        All sugars except raw, unfiltered honey
        Ice cream
        Margarine or fake butters
        Sauces, including tomato sauce
        Artificial sweeteners
        Coffee
        All drinks except decaffeinated tea and water
        Any processed food (foods in packages except for grains): this includes chips, boxed cereals (oatmeal is okay), canned soups, canned food, crackers, snack foods, junk foods
        Fried foods
        Roasted nuts. (Any nut butters must be listed as raw on the label)
        Bread

My mom's own idea of what to eat is as follows. I'm just copying and pasting the email she wrote to me b/c I emailed her and said "I can't do this!! Could you?" and she said:

I could do it for 11 days…fish, chicken, turkey, veggies, salad, rice, oatmeal.

I’d include 1 or 2 small portions of pork loin in small portions if I really got too bored with the chicken/turkey/fish.

I think the fruit is ok in moderation.

I’d have oatmeal every morning for breakfast, a piece of fruit as a snack, I’d make a BIG pot of homemade vegetable soup and probably have that for lunch, a salad, veggies and chicken, fish or turkey for dinner. If I craved something “dessert” after dinner, it would be another piece of fruit.

Just look at it as a total body “cleanse” and remember how good you’ll feel when it’s done. You can have decaffeinated (herbal) teas, so I’d make some iced and some hot in various flavors. You can probably have non-dairy creamers.

Then I emailed her and said, "How would you cook the meat?" and she said:

It doesn’t say “no” seasonings, unless I’m reading it wrong. I’d fix chicken several ways: roasted with lemon pepper on it or garlic powder; sautéed in a little butter with garlic/parsley; chicken soup; chicken sliced cold on salad, fish with butter, roast a small turkey and make gravy; have that a few nights with rice instead of potatoes.

You have to be reasonable. I doubt the nutrionalist will give you any different advice. I think cutting way back on acidic foods is the real goal until things get healed. Cutting them out all together may be impossible.

Hope this helps you!! My mom is not a professional nutritonalist, she is a really good mom who knows a lot about a lot though, hahahahha.

Comment

If I were to eat lemon, orange, tea (even decaf), I would be totally miserable. Lemon pepper, or any pepper for that matter, is a problem for me.

Alkaline urine usually means infection, so I wouldn't try for that.

Donna
          Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
          Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
          Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

That is true Donna. I wouldn't drink orange tea or eat lemon pepper either. I can use lots of garlic though.

I didn't know alkaline urine = infection. Can alkaline urine cause an infection?

Comment

Any time our body's pH is out of whack, just about anything can happen... for example, douching is horrible because not only does it wipe out the "good" vaginal bacteria, it changes the pH of the vaginal environment, which is bad for your vaginal tissue and can even encourage yeast growth.

As for alkaline changes in urine, what Donna means is that when urine pH gets high (alkaline), it can mean you have an infection, since the waste products of the bacteria are dumped into your urine and turn it alkaline. Alkalinity itself doesn't cause infection, but in my opinion, it's best to keep your urine fairly neutral pH since both acid and alkaline urine can be irritating.
              Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
              *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
              *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
              *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Working...
              X