Msm question???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Msm question???

I have recently started taking pure msm crystals. I have noticed an improvement in my ic symtoms. I just wanted to know if anyone is taking msm at the moment and if it increased your appetite? I would like to know your thoughts. thanks.
    Formerly lorenab

HI! I'm happy to hear you are doing better using the MSM. I'm using the MSM gel and I am thrilled with it! Do you mix the crystals in water and drink it? or mix it in food? I've been thinking about trying the cyrstals since I love the gel so much. Thanks! Roxie

Double Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery 8/09
    Unsuccessful MiniArc sling surgery 12/07
    Dx'd Hypothyroid
    Dx'd Chronic Axonal Neuropathy & Myopathy
    June 2007
    Dx'd IC May 2006 (after suffering for 25+ yrs!)
    First Cysto 1979
    First Hydro 1981 (Many treatments since then!)
    Collagin"Durasphere" injections for urethra
    Gall bladder surgery Aug. 2004
    Gastric Bypass Dec. 2004
    Dx'd: Barrett's Esphogus July 2004
    Dx'd: Vaginal Atrophy 2005
    Bladder surgery 2000
    Dx'd: IBS 2000
    Hysterectomy (fibroids) 1999
    Laminectomy 1989
    Dx'd: Degerative Disk Disorder 1989

For IC I use Elmiron, Elavil and Freeze dried Aloe Vera (it works likes Elmiron, but naturally)and Azo as needed. I also take Zegerid, Randitine for Barrett's Esophagus. (which causes me to have constant yeast infections!)I take Cymbalta for Neuopathy/Myopathy pain. I use the Climara patch for menopause symptoms. I'm on a very strict diet because of the IC, IBS and Gastric Bypass. I take Primal Defense Probiotics and whole food Iron.
    I no longer have the awful urethral pain! I've been using MSM gel now for 4 mo. and haven't had a flare up or the urethra pain.....it's amazing stuff!!:woohoo:

Comment

Hi Roxie,

I mix the crystals with water or milk, just to warn you it does have a bitter taste but you get used to it. It also has a detox effect, maybe that's why I am always hungry????? I am glad you are doing well with the gel, no harm in trying the crystals either. good luck!!!
      Formerly lorenab

Comment

HI! Thanks for the info. You said it has a detox effect.......does that mean it gives you diarrehea?
        I had horrible urethra pain for the past few years.....and nothing helped with it......but since using the MSM gel.......I have NO urethra pain! It's SO great!! Have a great evening! Roxie

Dx'd Hypothyroid
        June 2007
        First Cysto 1979
        Gastric Bypass Dec. 2004
        Bladder surgery 2000
        Laminectomy 1989

For IC I use Elmiron, Elavil and Freeze dried Aloe Vera (it works likes Elmiron, but naturally)and Azo as needed. I also take Zegerid, Randitine for Barrett's Esophagus. (which causes me to have constant yeast infections!)I take Cymbalta for Neuopathy/Myopathy pain. I use the Climara patch for menopause symptoms. I'm on a very strict diet because of the IC, IBS and Gastric Bypass. I take Primal Defense Probiotics and whole food Iron.
        I no longer have the awful urethral pain! I've been using MSM gel now for 4 mo. and haven't had a flare up or the urethra pain.....it's amazing stuff!!:woohoo:

Comment

hi roxie,

it can have a diarrehea effect make sure you drink plenty of fluids, I have been ok with it no diarrehea.
          Formerly lorenab

Comment

How often do you take the MSM? How long have you been using it? Roxie

Dx'd Hypothyroid
            June 2007
            First Cysto 1979
            Gastric Bypass Dec. 2004
            Bladder surgery 2000
            Laminectomy 1989

Comment

Msm Gel Question

Dear Roxie2007

I am interested in using the MSM gel for urethral burning. Since you have had success with this, would you be so kind as to share which product you are using. I read somewhere on this site that the prepared gels are not recommended. Do you mix the MSM powder with some gel agent? Thank you...

wishfulthinking

Comment

What is MSM, how is it used, what is it used for, and how can you get it?
                Erin

Comment

Hi Roxie,

You start off with 1/4 tsp twice a day, for three days. after three days 1/2 tsp twice a day, then 1/2-1 tsp 2-4 times a day as the body requires. I have been taking it just over seven days now.
                  Formerly lorenab

Comment

MSM is basically sulfur, check the IC Shop for more info, or google it. My wife has just started using it. Tomorrow is time for her to increase the dose (we are using the same stuff as lorena is).

Ok we got some from West Australia (we are in Australia) which came with a free gel with majority MSM component. Just for skin care, etc etc.

Full ingredients :
                    [code]Contents: Ultra Purified Water MSM (methyl sulfonyl methane) Emulsifying wax, Glyceryl Monostearate, Glycerin, Almond Oil,Coconut Oil,Vitamin A, Vitamin E (as palmitate) Vitamin D, Aloe Vera gel, Calendula flower extract,Propietary Ayurvedic Tinture. ABSOLUTELY NO PRESERVATIVES, COLORING OR HARMFUL CHEMICALS. With the penetrant power of MSM in the cream, the vitamins and herb extracts can go deep into the skin. MSM is also a great detoxifier. As the skin is the largest area of the body, it is the first defence for the body. When You apply something on the skin which "nourishes"the immune system cells there, you are improving the health not only of the skin but also of your body. MSM Calm Cream can be used as a beauty cream and can improve the skin quality, lines and wrinkles. [/code]

We were tossing up trying it on my wife's urethral area to see if it had any similar effect to the Jacobs Gel (which I'm also going to order).

Can anyone see any major no-no's among those ingredients insofar as if it is applied directly onto the urethral opening, that some may proceed internally? Its given as a skin cream so maybe some of those are nasties as far as internal use is concerned.
                    Hi, I'm Kev - husband of IC sufferer.

symptoms - an owee wife

Comment

HI Kev! I've been using the MSM gel for 3 week now......and it's working SO well for me! I have no urethra pain and haven't had a flare up either. I hope it works for Arly. Tell her I said HI! Roxie

Dx'd Hypothyroid
                      June 2007
                      First Cysto 1979
                      Gastric Bypass Dec. 2004
                      Bladder surgery 2000
                      Laminectomy 1989

Comment

Working...
                      X