Question on MSM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on MSM

This is all new to me so I am learning alot from this message board, thank you all for your stories and things to help deal with the pain.

I have not been "officially" diagnosed with IC, but my Dr thinks that I have it. Can you believe I actually found a DR that says I have this instead of saying I don't know what it could be or it is something in your head.

Anyway, I have been reading about people using MSM and also the MSM gel, I have ordered the gel, I do have that outer pain and I really am hoping the gel will work. I did find the MSM capsules at Walgreens and I started taking 2 a day. Also I have started using the Prelief before each meal. I am really hoping these things work for me. I just had a question about the MSM capsules. I thought I read where somebody said you can take pure aloe vera and put the msm powder from the capsule into the aloe vera and mix it up and use it externally. Is this correct? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks again for this message board it has a wealth of information. I know now that I am not alone.
    Zanne
    Dx with IC April 30 2007
    Dx with Endo Sept 2007
    Supra Cervical Hysterectomy April 9 2009

Yes! You can break open an MSM capsule and mix it with 100% pure aloe vera. I got 99.5% pure organic aloe vera from my health food store. The other .5% was whatever makes it a gel. I bought 1000 milligrams of MSM. I will try it tonight. Make sure your container is sterile. I'm going to boil mine to make sure there is no bacteria.

I've heard lots of people say it works great. We shall see! My urethra's been burning since yesterday when I had my instill. Usually instill's don't bother me at all, I don't know what was up yesterday. Ughhh!

Comment

HI! I use the MSM gel.....and that alone has ended my urethra pain. Maybe you won't have to mix anything if it helps you the same way! Good luck! Roxie

Double Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery 8/09
      Unsuccessful MiniArc sling surgery 12/07
      Dx'd Hypothyroid
      Dx'd Chronic Axonal Neuropathy & Myopathy
      June 2007
      Dx'd IC May 2006 (after suffering for 25+ yrs!)
      First Cysto 1979
      First Hydro 1981 (Many treatments since then!)
      Collagin"Durasphere" injections for urethra
      Gall bladder surgery Aug. 2004
      Gastric Bypass Dec. 2004
      Dx'd: Barrett's Esphogus July 2004
      Dx'd: Vaginal Atrophy 2005
      Bladder surgery 2000
      Dx'd: IBS 2000
      Hysterectomy (fibroids) 1999
      Laminectomy 1989
      Dx'd: Degerative Disk Disorder 1989

For IC I use Elmiron, Elavil and Freeze dried Aloe Vera (it works likes Elmiron, but naturally)and Azo as needed. I also take Zegerid, Randitine for Barrett's Esophagus. (which causes me to have constant yeast infections!)I take Cymbalta for Neuopathy/Myopathy pain. I use the Climara patch for menopause symptoms. I'm on a very strict diet because of the IC, IBS and Gastric Bypass. I take Primal Defense Probiotics and whole food Iron.
      I no longer have the awful urethral pain! I've been using MSM gel now for 4 mo. and haven't had a flare up or the urethra pain.....it's amazing stuff!!:woohoo:

Comment

Working...
      X