X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Answer to your question

Originally posted by jen74 View Post
    Hi Alisha.
    I was looking at the natural things you are taking and was wondering what helps you with the bladder pain? I have been taking cantharis, and this helps me a little. Does the marshmellow root tea help you with pain? I tried eating garlic, but it bothered my bladder and did not really help with preventing UTI's.
    Jen
    Yes...all of the things listed below have helped my bladder The Marshmallow Root tea workers wonders during a flare or just anytime you feel burning in your bladder or urethra. I swear, it just puts the fire out!! I also take the Marshmallow Root capsules, as kind of a back up.
    The Aloe was great as well...takes an IC bladder a few days to adjust to it, but then it was smooth sailing. If you go with Aloe juice, try to stick with one brand & get the whole leaf kind if you can.
    As for the Garlic...I love eating garlic bread (lol)!! But I take Garlic capsules as well...I defo don't get as sick as I did before (as far as colds go) and my uti's have been less!! It just takes time really.
    Good luck to you and I hope if you do try any of these, that they help you

Alisha xoxo

P.S. I also take a homeopathic supplement too...that helps with burning & pain. It's the Bladder Irritation tabs made by Hyland's And I also take Pumpkin Seed Oil capsules...that has a very soothing effect on the bladder
    Here is my MySpace page
    http://www.myspace.com/luvingace

IBS, GERD, Pelvic Floor Dysfunction & Fibromyalgia
    Interstitial Cystitis
    Hormones & stress trigger my IC flares
    Marshmallow Root tea works wonders
    Marshmallow Root capsules
    D-Mannose with CranForte
    Aloe Vera Juice
    Pumpkin Seed Oil capsules
    Garlic Oil in a capsule
    A good Probiotic
    Homeopathic Bladder Irritation Tablets
    Tae Bo twice a day...get fit!!
    YOGA...gotta keep on doing that!! Namaste

"Fire Bad, Tree Pretty"

Proud mommy to Summer Rayne (3/20/01) and Cullen Phoenix (6/3/09)!!

Comment

Thanks Alisha, I am going to try a couple of the things you mentioned, one at a time of course just to see how it goes. With the marshmallow root tea, I believe I tried this before. When you make the tea, do you steep it or boil it for like 10 minutes then let it cool? Just curious what the best way to make it is.
      Jen

Comment

mmr tea

I used to make mmr tea in my coffee maker. The tea itself looks like woodchips! I put it in the gold filter and added water as usual. I didn't really like it hot. I used to drink it as iced tea so I wouldn't need to add sugar. I used it for a year and to be honest it didn't seem to do anything for me. It didn't make anything worse, it just seemed to do nothing. Good luck to you. There are also other natural anti-biotics you can try. I know of oil of oregano which is supposed to be somewhat strong and something like olive leaf. Most natural food stores carry these and can give suggestions. You may also want to check with your doctor to make sure they don't interfere with your regular meds.

Comment

Steeping the tea...

Originally posted by jen74 View Post
          Thanks Alisha, I am going to try a couple of the things you mentioned, one at a time of course just to see how it goes. With the marshmallow root tea, I believe I tried this before. When you make the tea, do you steep it or boil it for like 10 minutes then let it cool? Just curious what the best way to make it is.
          Jen
          Hi sweetie I just put a mug of hot water (from the tap) in the micro for a minute...that gets it hot enough. And then I put the loose tea in an empty tea bag...place it in the mug of water, press it against the side, let it float & cover the mug with a plate for about 10 minutes. That lets the tea steep very well

Alisha xoxo
          Here is my MySpace page
          http://www.myspace.com/luvingace

IBS, GERD, Pelvic Floor Dysfunction & Fibromyalgia
          Interstitial Cystitis
          Hormones & stress trigger my IC flares
          Marshmallow Root tea works wonders
          Marshmallow Root capsules
          D-Mannose with CranForte
          Aloe Vera Juice
          Pumpkin Seed Oil capsules
          Garlic Oil in a capsule
          A good Probiotic
          Homeopathic Bladder Irritation Tablets
          Tae Bo twice a day...get fit!!
          YOGA...gotta keep on doing that!! Namaste

"Fire Bad, Tree Pretty"

Proud mommy to Summer Rayne (3/20/01) and Cullen Phoenix (6/3/09)!!

Comment

Working...
          X