Cranberry Pills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cranberry Pills?

Has anyone tried taking cranberry pills? Do they help with frequency or pain? Any side effects? Any brand in particular? Thanks!

Cranberries or cranberry pills are BAD for the bladder..
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

MAYYYYYYYDDDDAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please DO NOT take the cranberry pills!!!! I REPEAT DO NOT TAKE THEM! Cranberrys are the ACID BOMB to the IC bladder and will cause nothing but trouble! For simple badder infections it is just great, but for IC it is pure hell!

Erika
      IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
      Interstim Since 5/25/07!
      Birth Control

Comment

Sure did when I had the in correct diagnosis of reacurring infections...and they were flare causers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are more IC friendly ways to prevent infections and cranberrries are one of the worse things IC patients can take!

The brands in ICN store that have a small amount of cranberry in them (along with other things) have been changed to be non acidic...if your after cranberry that is your safest best.

http://icandme.9.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=4 herbal start with IC
        Faith, Hope, and Love,
        Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back!

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
        Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

[email protected] please contact me...I am here to help!

Comment

The new doctor I went to see who specializes in IC recommended cranberry pills...not cranberries or the juice. Otherwise he wants me to take Lyrica and Atarax but I hate taking meds. I'm on Cystoprotek and the diet now and would rather handle things naturally. I'm doing pretty good but I still get up to pee 2-3 times a night. It's a big improvement but I'd love to get a good night's sleep once in a while! Any suggestions?

Comment

Stop the cranberry pills right away.And you should see a difference soon.
            Hugs Sandra
            "Never Give Up."

To view pictures of my creative interests and Maine Coon kittens click here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

My Photobucket Link:
            http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...ramack_photos/

Comment

Nooo way!!!! Red Alert!!!! lol They are sooo bad for you! For a uti okay but not for ICers. Before I got dxd I was taking cranberry pills along with prelief. The prelief was the right way to go but the cranberry pills put me in so much pain. This dr doesntknow what he's talking about if you have ic.

Rach
              ***Rachel***

Dance like no one is watching
              Love like you've never been hurt
              Live today like it's your last

Dxd with IC in June '06

Comment

I've never taken cranberry pills. I had only thought about it since he recommended it and I really don't want to do the meds. Guess I'll have to think of something else! I just wish I could sleep through the night! It's been years now!!!

Comment

cranberry pills

I was in a health food store today speaking to the owner who seemed quite knowlegeable about IC and said many customers used the pills and if used daily (1 pill two times a day)their symptoms disappeared. I bought them but am now afraid to use them : (

Comment

Cranberry's are poisonous to an IC bladder...enough said. Take the real meds so you can get better. The guy at the health food store doesn't have a clue what he is talking about if he suggested cranberries for an IC bladder. Oh my goodness he should be fired!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X