Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soccermom32
    replied
    Cranberry's are poisonous to an IC bladder...enough said. Take the real meds so you can get better. The guy at the health food store doesn't have a clue what he is talking about if he suggested cranberries for an IC bladder. Oh my goodness he should be fired!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Franny
    replied
    cranberry pills

I was in a health food store today speaking to the owner who seemed quite knowlegeable about IC and said many customers used the pills and if used daily (1 pill two times a day)their symptoms disappeared. I bought them but am now afraid to use them : (

Leave a comment:

• pamptracy
    replied
    I've never taken cranberry pills. I had only thought about it since he recommended it and I really don't want to do the meds. Guess I'll have to think of something else! I just wish I could sleep through the night! It's been years now!!!

Leave a comment:

• petrie86
    replied
    Nooo way!!!! Red Alert!!!! lol They are sooo bad for you! For a uti okay but not for ICers. Before I got dxd I was taking cranberry pills along with prelief. The prelief was the right way to go but the cranberry pills put me in so much pain. This dr doesntknow what he's talking about if you have ic.

Rach

Leave a comment:

• sandramac
    replied
    Stop the cranberry pills right away.And you should see a difference soon.
    Hugs Sandra

Leave a comment:

• pamptracy
    replied
    The new doctor I went to see who specializes in IC recommended cranberry pills...not cranberries or the juice. Otherwise he wants me to take Lyrica and Atarax but I hate taking meds. I'm on Cystoprotek and the diet now and would rather handle things naturally. I'm doing pretty good but I still get up to pee 2-3 times a night. It's a big improvement but I'd love to get a good night's sleep once in a while! Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• Katrina
    replied
    Sure did when I had the in correct diagnosis of reacurring infections...and they were flare causers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are more IC friendly ways to prevent infections and cranberrries are one of the worse things IC patients can take!

The brands in ICN store that have a small amount of cranberry in them (along with other things) have been changed to be non acidic...if your after cranberry that is your safest best.

http://icandme.9.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=4 herbal start with IC

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    MAYYYYYYYDDDDAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please DO NOT take the cranberry pills!!!! I REPEAT DO NOT TAKE THEM! Cranberrys are the ACID BOMB to the IC bladder and will cause nothing but trouble! For simple badder infections it is just great, but for IC it is pure hell!

Erika

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Cranberries or cranberry pills are BAD for the bladder..

Leave a comment:

• pamptracy
    started a topic Cranberry Pills?

Cranberry Pills?

Has anyone tried taking cranberry pills? Do they help with frequency or pain? Any side effects? Any brand in particular? Thanks!
Working...
X