N-acetyl glucosamine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N-acetyl glucosamine

I've done a fair amount of research on N-acetyl glucosamine, and would love to know if anyone out there has tried it and had some success. Also has anyone tried fish oil supplements.

I follow a very strict IC diet. I'm on 300mgs. of Elmiron, 75mgs. Elavil and 20mgs. Hydroxyzine. Also had 8 weeks of rescue installations a couple months ago.

However, I'm still struggling with pain.

Thanks in advance for any updates! :-)

I have added fish oil to my list of meds. I think it helps with the pain, but I can not say definitely that it does. At the time that I really started it, I also started physical therapy and neurontin and had a lot of pain relief. That could also have been because of the time of year. For some reason I feel better after October through the middle of Feb. (when things start to bloom here). So.... I do take fish oil. It may not be helping with the pain, but I know that they say it helps your heart and I need that.
    I also take glucosomine. I can really tell a difference in my arthritis type symptoms--sore joints- when I take it.
    Janice
    Last edited by JanL; 04-16-2007, 11:30 AM. Reason: add another sentence

Comment

I use glucosamine, and have for years. I don't know if it helps my IC...I suppose it does, but I really take it for me knees. I really know when I don't take it....my knees hurt taking a flight of stairs.....
      Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
      IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
      IC Diet Website
      For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
      Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
      Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
      IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

N-acetyl glucosamine

I tried NAG for about 2 months. I don't think it helped my IC at all. It also upset my digestive tract. After that, I tried Cystoprotek which I believe really helped my IC and, as a bonus, made my nasal allergies go away too.

Comment

Working...
        X