Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• born2swim
    replied
    You do bring up a good point. I have a pharmacy here that is great and they have organic/natural products and the pharmacists are the best in town. I was going to check with them after I reserarch which products I want to try. I went there got a look around to see what they have and I'm pleased with the quality and variety. I am taking BCP, Astelin, Ultram, Atarax, and Elmiron. I don't think there is anything that would interact with the supplements... but I'm not sure. I will definately check with the pharmacists (and my PA). I don't want to take a diuretic at all, so no to the marshmallow root! Thank you! You have been a great help to me since I have been researching and newly diagnosed!

Originally posted by ICNDonna View Post
    If you're taking any medications, you should talk with your doctor first. As an example, I can't use marshmallow root because it's a diuretic and I'm already taking a diuretic for high blood pressure.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    If you're taking any medications, you should talk with your doctor first. As an example, I can't use marshmallow root because it's a diuretic and I'm already taking a diuretic for high blood pressure.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• born2swim
    started a topic Want to try something alternative

Want to try something alternative

I have read a lot about different kinds of supplements and teas that are supposed to help.

Marshmellow root?

Glucosamine?

Chondroitin?

MSM (oral form)?

Aloe vera pills?

Aloe vera juice?

Can we take a Zinc supplement or do mineral supplementation cause IC flares?

Why do some things work for people and some don't? I know aloe vera isn't a harsh one to try, but I don't know anything about MSM or the others I listed. Any advice, experiences, or help is appreciated!!!
    Last edited by born2swim; 05-01-2007, 11:05 AM. Reason: Had to add a question
Working...
X