Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pill and Adreal exhaustion

Hi gals!
    I have been doing really well lately..."Knock on wood" Anyway, I am having major libido and fatigue issues. My doc checked my thyroid and she said the blood work revealed an adreal exhaustion. Her first course of action is to go off the pill. I am embarassed to say but I have been o it for 22 years and a bit afraid to go off... IC flairs, painful sex with condoms ( in a monogomus healthy relationshipo), and cramps and PMS.

What is you take on going off the pill... I do feel a bit chemically from it ...and what have you heard from adreal exhaustion?

Thank good ness I have this group! WHnever I get freaked I can always come home!

Thanks!
    Joelle
    :woohoo: Yogajo

I'm not sure what to say on that, except that my IC started when I quit the bc pill I'd been on for 10 years. And in spite of going back on it, the IC has not gone away. My mom got her IC after quitting the estrogen she'd been on for years. But then I hear that some women have worse IC on the pill than off it. So, not sure.

Is there any other treatment option?
    Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
    Source - Pinterest
    "

Current treatments:
    -IC diet
    -Elavil 50mg at night
    -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
    -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
    -Pyridium if needed,
    -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
    -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
    -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
    -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
    -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
    -Managing stress= VERY important!
    -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

I understand your apprehension on going off the pill. I've been on it for 13 years, and the thought of going off it freaks me out a bit. I originally went on it because of severe symptoms with my period, and later found out I had endometriosis.

You said you used to have bad cramps before the pill. If you were young when you went on the pill, it's possible that you won't have the cramps anymore, because cramps are often the worst with younger women, settling down a bit after several years. If you were older (in your 20s) then it might be a good idea to come up with some ideas on how to deal with the cramps should they come back (pain meds, hot packs, etc.)

I don't know anything about Adreal exhaustion.

Comment

I understand that the herb vitex (also called chaste tree berry) helps women have a smoother transition coming off the pill. You could consult an herbalist with your transition. There are also good herbs for cramps. I would have an alternative birth control treatment ready though and not just pick up a bottle because when combined w/ bcp's it makes them less effective and it is often taken by women trying to conceive.

Maybe if you didn't have the sudden "jerk" of stopping them you might transition off better and not have problems??

I just saw an endocrinologist yesterday and we'll be looking for adrenal exhaustion.

Comment

Working...
        X