Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP.........I need something for migraines.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP.........I need something for migraines.......

I posted this somewhere else but I don't know where, this is all so frustrating.
    I need DESPERATE help, either to ease, or cure a migraine when it comes (which is often). I can't take advil, tylenol, etc... because of the other RX I'm on. Is there, and if so WHAT, something herbal I can take or drink (preferrably) that will help?

I am throwing up and nauseated because of this. I know spelled wrong but I don't care. Please help me.
    Mrs. Ridings

I was on...
    Loestrin 24(to prevent period induced flares)
    Elmiron since Feb.'07 for a year and half
    Atenolol for Migraines(caused by elmiron) since June '07(Had to have the amount doubled)
    Tried Prevacid didn't work.
    Tried Axert for migraines didn't work.
    Tried Frova for migraines made worse.
    Atarax Feb.'07-Feb'08
    Used to take IBS meds of all kinds, now I use Yerba Mate guayaki drinks, eating lots of fiber and flax seed, and taking probiotics and added magnesium. My probiotics help w/ flares too.

Now for the occasional flare related to stress, I take probiotic eleven and marshmallow root and it will make it stop and Im fine again. Otherwise I dont have many problems w/ my severe IC like I used to.Thank God!

Find the good in all things and then
    anticipate the good so that you may enjoy it.

(KJV)Psalms 37:
    3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
    4 Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
    5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

Peppermint tea will help with the nausea. I suffer from migraines but can take Maxalt. I also have Phenergan for nausea.

Comment

I dont know what to suggest to you in herbal form, however I take Fiorinal 3 for migraines and Phenergan for nausea. I used to take Depakote as a preventative but decided to stop taking it due to weight gain.

Hope you find something very soon that helps you!
      Feel better......
      Diana
      (\__/)
      (o.O )
      (> < ) This is Bunny. He's on his way to world domination.

Comment

I don't know about Herbal....but Fiorecet works great for migraines. If you catch it in the start of it....this med doesn't give you that loopy feeling at all. Well it doesn't to me or any of my family members that take it. There are about 5 of us now that will take this med. I may of spelled it wrong, but I think it is right.

Anyways I hope you get some help for them.
        Live your life to YOUR best, and Love to YOUR best!!!

DX in 03 with Shingles
        Removal of Left ovary due to Cyst in 2005,
        I have had cyst since I started my period as a child age 12
        Hysterecotmy December 06
        IC DX March 07 by PST
        2 "rescue" instills in March 07
        Cyco May 07 confirmed IC
        Uro study June 07
        1st Pain Block July 17,08
        Hydro/Cysto Nov 11, 2008
        12-11-08 was told I had alot of inflamation

Meds: Allergic to 6 things
        Premarin......taking the gen cause I get it at Walmart for 4$$
        Presique for my drepression :woohoo:
        Abilify for my depression
        Adderall ...found out I'm ADD...makes sense now
        Kolopin for anxiety
        Noroco for my pain
        Valtrex for my shingles as needed

Sorry if my spelling is off on the meds [/FONT]

http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community

Comment

I take homeopathic belladonna, but it only works if I catch the migraine right at the start. I am sorry you get them. I get them too and I hate it~! I also have been getting acupuncture for them as well.
          30 year old Mother, Midwife, Birth Doula, Herbalist, and Massage Therapist with sudden onset of IC approx. 2/16/05 (after a PAP smear and routine gynecological exam). I tried a HUGE list of natural and alternative treatments (including Cystoprotek, Desert Harvest Aloe, Aloe gel, Glucosamine/Chondroitin, L-Argenine, Quercitin/Bromelain, Marshmallow Root...etc) for the first 9 months of having IC, without much relief, until I finally researched and started Elmiron.

My experience:
          ~Previously took Elmiron 100mg three times a day
          (9/29/05-7/06)
          ~Experimented with dosage (1-2 Elmiron a day recapped into a plain gelcap) and did well with occasional mild flares. (7/06-9/09)
          ~Stopped all together at the 1 year mark (9/29/06) for 10 days. Still felt good, with low-level symptoms.
          ~Decided to go back on it (10/16/06) to see if another year on it will bring me into full (zero symptoms) remission. Currently taking 1-2 pills a day, recapped into a plain gelcap.
          ~ 6/08...Tried to go off Elmiron again, had huge flare at the 3 week mark, went back on 100mg once a day for maintenance.
          -I went off Elmiron for 2 months due to pregnancy and had a complete relapse of IC symptoms to pre-diagnosis levels of pain/frequency. I then went back on Elmiron at 10-12 weeks, but was unable to take it further due to severe morning sickness. The 2nd/3rd trimesters were MUCH better IC-wise, and postpartum is the best I have felt in years. I am no longer on Elmiron for now.
          -20 month postpartum remission from 4/17/09 to 12/10/10.
          -Out of remission after a pap smear on 12/10/10. Pap smears are obviously the main IC trigger for me. Currently trying to cope with loss of the remission.

Also doing:
          ~Sugar-free/gluten free and strict IC diet (With an emphasis on organic, alkaline and whole foods)
          ~Prenatal DHA/Fish oil supplement
          ~Vitamin D supplement
          ~Culturelle probiotic

Comment

Just remember that herbal remedies are medications and can have interactions with other things you are taking. What does your doctor recommend for your migraines? If you haven't asked, I think it would be a good idea to call today.

Donna
            Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
            Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
            Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
            [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

feverfew can help, but for me, it hurts my bladder. Same with butterbur.

Comment

I know this was posted years ago....but I had to comment. I was wondering if you had ever been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome? Ovarian cysts since 12? Yeah, I would bet you its PCOS. PCOS may also cause other inflammatory conditions, and IC. I'm trying to convince my doctor to test me. It's hereditary and 3 other women in my family have it. I too have most of the signs. I often wonder if treating the real culprit (hormone imbalance, or PCOS) would be a better way to heal the bladder. Anyway, just a thought.
                • Started with nocturia 10 years ago then slowly progressed into full blown IC about 6 years ago.
                • Officially diagnosed in 2012 after undergoing a cystoscopy.
                • Experience urgency/frequency/burning/pain.
                • Wake up 4-10 times (on average) per night to urinate.
                • Urinate between 20-40 times a day total
                • Tried Elmiron with no success.
                • 10mg Amitryptiline helps occasionally (for sleep) but generally turns me into a zombie.
                • Prelief has little effect.
                • Azo/Uristat as needed, but has little effect.
                • Tried IC friendly diet for one year with no success.
                • Tried Detrol and Vesicare, but only made the pain worse.

Comment

Working...
                X