Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Quercetin cause a flare??

Hi,

Others had poseted on Quercetin along with some other vitamins and supplements, so I bought some on Sunday.

Earlier that day I had noticed a little bladder tenderness for the first time since I have had IC (I have urethral symptoms alone usually).

Anyway, now after 4 days of taking it my bladder is really tender to the touch, walking hurts it because it jiggles a bit, and sitting is killing me. It feels kind of like I have a low seat belt on way too tight.

I do not even know if this is flare or not. It could be just a new and very unwanted symptom.

Of course I will stop taking this supplement for a while to see if this stops, but has anyone ever had this experience?

Thanks in advance!

I had the same experience with Quercetin. I took if for three days and I developed frequency and urgency, which I never had, and then worse bladder pain the next three days. I stopped it and then I was fine. I don't remember what brand it was-maybe there were preservatives or something besides the Quercetin that bothered me. But it did bother me-big time!

Comment

Thanks for the reponse!

I took my last one yesterday morning and think I feel a bit better today. Do you by chance know if you were immediately better after stopping Quercetin or whether it took a few days?

It could be Quercetin itslef or a preservative that bothers us. I got the Solaray type. I've liked their supplements before.

I SO hope this goes away for me too. At any rate, it is a reminder that supplements are drugs, and like all drugs, they have the potential to do good, harm, or nothing.

Comment

Did you get a citrus free quercetin? Citrus could be the culprit

Comment

Hello,

Yes, I did specifically buy a non-citrus type but they did not list what the quercetin was extracted from. It could have been some other acidic source.

Thanks!

Originally posted by windwalker View Post
          Did you get a citrus free quercetin? Citrus could be the culprit

Comment

may have been from fava beans. thats on the no no list from my doctor.

Comment

Working...
            X