Homeopathic Treatments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeopathic Treatments

I'm meeting with a homeopath next week and was wondering if anyone here could share their experience if they've done this? Did you have any long-term luck with some of their treatments?
    Symptoms began with acute onset in October 2009 and was diagnosed with IC in March 2010
    Current Meds: Enablex (7.5 mgs), Elavil (25 mgs), Vagifem
    Previous Meds: Detrol, Cysta-Q, Desert Harvest Aloe

I went

to a naturopath today. I have been trying so many different things and my gut tells me that I need to find out what irritates my bladder so I can stop irritating it and also what can help my bladder.

I went to an alergist last week. She gave me a nebulizer for my sinuses....but becasue I was taking the vistrial I could not be tested for allergies. Any way the natruropath is going to test me for food allergies. Mean while she gave me...Bladder Ease, she said the women who came up with the formula she actually study under for 3 years, she also gave me A1 fromula and a tinture. The tincture is like a relaxer for EVERYTHING. I am actually feeling a bit better. I think the tincture is actaully working. i took it and within the hour the pain a frequency has lessoned.
    We shall see. I am sure I will not be healed so quickly. But I feel that I was wanting to take these typs of products I just did not have the right combination. The naturopath put it all together for me.

I have hope......

Love jeanann

Comment

How do you go about finding a good naturopath?
      Link to the patient information, everything from What is IC? to Disability
      http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

American Urological Association Clinical Guideline
      Diagnosis and Treatment of Intersitial Cysitis/Painful Bladder Syndrom
      http://www.auanet.org/content/guidel...ent_ic-bps.pdf

Comment

Thanks

for sharing experience. I will be meeting with this guy tomorrow. Not sure what to expect but hoping whatever he offers can be added to my small current regime. My uro says many of his patients can eventually go off all meds competely (although some have to go back on after time). I'm hoping to be one of those people eventually.
        Symptoms began with acute onset in October 2009 and was diagnosed with IC in March 2010
        Current Meds: Enablex (7.5 mgs), Elavil (25 mgs), Vagifem
        Previous Meds: Detrol, Cysta-Q, Desert Harvest Aloe

Comment

I hope it goes well for you. In my personal experience I looked for someone who was not antidoctor, because I feel there are benefits in both feilds of healtcare. I've been very fortunate to have had a great working relationship with a medical herbalist for 7 years, a chinese herbalist and accupuncturist for 3 years, long before my IC diagnosis. I kissed a lot of toads before I found these gentlemen. A lot of trial and error unfortunately.
          What I wanted to find in my quest was someone who had a good knowledge of conventional and alternative medicine and wasn't offended by odd or probing questions (I'm a why? and how is that supposed to work person)
          I know we get desparate when we have IC, especially when your in a bad flare, but hang in there. You'll find one that has the ring of truth to what they are saying and one who only wants to make you better not prove that alternative medicine is the cure all.
          I look forward to hearing how your visit went. Hope it goes well.

Comment

Do I feel

better!!! The combination she gave me is already working. I am so happy...I hope you all find something that works as well as what I just found.

When I called for the appointment I asked if she treated IC. I said in a very nice way that I have been diagnosed for over 10 years and did not want to come in a be a guine pig. When i met with her she said she treats others for ic and fibor. She spent time listening to me and gave me the supplements and tincture.

Today I talked with her and told her how much better I am and thanked her. We ended with "I love u's" Very nice. She is getting supplements ready for me for my fibro too.
            All this time and I could have just gone to see her. I guess its true when the student is ready the teacher/healer will appear.
            Now to get use to not being sick YIKES!!!! This will be different.

Love you guys and I pray you will all find the relief I have found.

Jean Ann

Comment

I am glad y'all are finding relief with this. Can someone please share how you go about finding a good naturapath. Where do I even begin to look. The phone book? Under what?

Thank you in advance,
              Sandra

Comment

I would

start in the phone book. Call and ask if they treat ic....ask them how much it will cost. My insurance didnt cover my visit or my supplements it all cost about $300.00. If you have insurance get them to check if it is covered that way they will know in advance what the situation is.

Make sure the person you se KNOWS how to treat ic and they are not just brining you in to bring you in. You may want to ask how many patients they treat for ic. Ask questions. Thats important. Go in with knowledge of what you have tried and what does or does not work. That way you will know if they are on the same page with you and your body.
                This last flare really made me get in touch with what my body needs and what it does not want.

She is also going to test me for food alergies. Which is important for me. Honestly with the supplements she is giving me i can have stuff my bladder cant ussually handle. Like bananas, apples, i even had some dark chocolate. My bladder was ok. But I know if I want to heal I need to adhere to a diet with no sugar. I most likely no wheat or flour. We will see what the tests say.

I feel good. I feel like i am healing. And with the tea i drink it is better. I can get the exersise I need and work and well soon i will feel like playing lol.

love
                Jean Ann

Comment

Sailawaygirl,
                  ASK. Ask your friends, neighbors, local health food store and if you feel comfortable with your Doc ask them. look on line, yellow pages(i found mine by looking under the herb heading, you might look under accupuncture or chinese medicine also) and local health magazines. It is alot of leg work but they are out there. Don't be afraid to ask probing questions if they are any good they will welcome it.

Comment

Originally posted by DM67 View Post
                    I'm meeting with a homeopath next week and was wondering if anyone here could share their experience if they've done this? Did you have any long-term luck with some of their treatments?
                    I have good experience with homeopathic remedies which a homeopath researched for me. Some of these have changed over the years. It does help me. All the best everyone.:woohoo:
                    If you keep a green bough in your heart
                    the singing bird will come.
                    http://www.obsidian-sun.com/

Comment

Thanks for the info. I am looking into doing accupuncture so maybe when I do that I can ask about somewhere that I could go for the homepathic approach. I really don't want to do anything to drastic, my medication works pretty well for me. I was really hoping I could find something to help with a few side effects I am having from my meds.

Comment

Internet, phone book, word of mouth. These people usually always work together and refer to each other as well. Always, always ask to speak with this person before you even make an appointment. Ask about IC, whatever else you have that you want to be seen for. If they say they will get back to you, they probably don't know what it is and have to look it up. Nix that one. Don't expect everyone to know everything but if you hit on someone who knows what it is right off the bat you got a BINGO! It takes some research and time, but you don't want to waste your time and money (they will charge you for an in person consult in most cases). Research, research. Wish you a lot of luck it would be wonderful if this could be a route to relief and/or remission and getting off these expensive drugs. Let us know how you make out, please. Good luck, Jill wife of Bob

Comment

just looking through old threads that discuss homeopathic treatments and wishing i could afford to see a naturopath....

a lot of these things are discussed all over this forum, but i thought it might be a good reference. i for one will be boiling some barley for some tasty barley water.
                          Last edited by SharonA; 01-24-2012, 06:33 AM. Reason: Deleted website address for online sales. This is not allowed on the IC Network.
                          lucky to live in hawaii but having a hard time and have a lot of questions.

vesicare

detrol la
                          pyridium

ditropan
                          buspirone

?(new medications)
                          chinese herbs: golden form with rehmannia

triggers: alcohol, coffee, soda, chocolate, citrus, sex, spicy food, soy, running/jumping, pms, birth control pills, stress, and lack of zzz.

Comment

Hey Jean Ann,

That is great news! Would you mind sharing with us the treatment that was given to you? Is it a tincture or tablets and what ingredients does it contain? Thanks!

Jem xxx

Comment

Working...
                            X