No announcement yet.

Has anyone Heard of the LDN tx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The LDN will block the effect of the oxycodone so she won't get pain relief.

Suzanne

Comment

Did a lot of research, some really great info. May want to google it. Apparently it will block any opiids you use, so read up on that. Takes a couple of weeks off your ops, which of course you never want to do without your doc, before you try it.

Saw where it healed up some really bad IBS colons, etc. actually had pictures on there. Would love to see some of the minor IC sufferers who are not yet on narcs give this a shot. IC is actually not indicated as one of the diseases tested, but IBS FBM MS and a lot of others were, that so many ICers have along with it. Would be interesting and looks really promising. Maybe Jill can push for the further testing for IC or tell us where to go to do so. Thanks all! MAYBE! Jill, wife of Bob

Comment

Kita,

If you google LDN you will come up with tons of Info. You are not suppose to take pain meds while taking the LDN, However, I believe I read somewhere that if you take the pain meds in the morning, (One usually takes the LDN at night) it works ok.

Suzanne,
        I go see a new rheumatologist next week and if she won't prescribe, I'm calling Dr. Jeff Dach for a consult, who is actually an alterative Dr. I did google and the closet one (AD)that claims to prescribe is 2 hrs away. But at this point and time, I'm willing to go anywhere.

many hugs and blessings,
        MARY

Serenity isn't freedom from the storm.....it's peace within the storm.....I had my sick bladder removed Jan 7th 2010.....Even though I had many complications.......I would do it again in a moment.....I have no regrets......Sunflowers in memory of my sister who passed March 14th 2010......they were her favorite....

Comment

Hi everbody

I have been taking ultra low doses of naltrexone ie even tinier doses than the MS protocol because of tolerance. I take it for other things but after a year it started irritating my bladder markedly. Not pain just back to getting up 12 times a night for a tiny amount of pee. i really hope this is temporary as for my other probs this is modestly useful and I really don't tolerate hardly anything because of MCS. Even doing morning dosing (most will recomend Nightime) I have been a ton of times already this morning. So i am interested how people get on with this. It is cheap and easy to try and don't forget can be taken in even lower doses than the 3 - 4.5 and still have therapeutic effect for those like me who are super wary.

Comment

Mary,
            I have an article on LDN from an Alternative Medicine book, has lots of references, if you PM me a fax # I can try to fax it to you, maybe you can bring it to your appointment. I see you live in Dayton. I was stationed a WPAFB and lived in Springboro,

I've been taking LDN now for four months, I have had no pain for 4 days in a row now. I also have been on elmiron for over one year so I'm not sure what is helping me but I do believe I have auto immune problems so I think it must be the LDN. I have had no side effects with it.

Suzanne

Comment

I still had some paindays on LDN and someone told me to take alfa lipoic acid (ALA)
              Many LDN users do that

So now I di"d not need any other painkillers for a few weeks beside the LDN and ALA

Hope it stays that way !!

Comment

Hellbels how are you doing?

Comment

Okay, it took the LDn a long time to get my bladder pain away but since a few weeks/months the pain is gone
                  The only painkiller I use for my bladder is LDN
                  But..here is a side effect I do not like : headaches

Are there more people using LDN ?

Comment

I was on a holliday and did not have any headaeches so i think it is not the LDN that gives me headeaches
                    some one told me it could be caused by my PC monitor and on my holliday I did not read my mail si I think he might be right
                    So now i will be getting reading glasses

Still hardley any bladder pain !!

Comment

Mar,
                      Thats fantastic. I use the LDN for something else since I had my bladder removed.
                      How much are you on?

Hugs and blessings,
                      Mary
                      MARY

Serenity isn't freedom from the storm.....it's peace within the storm.....I had my sick bladder removed Jan 7th 2010.....Even though I had many complications.......I would do it again in a moment.....I have no regrets......Sunflowers in memory of my sister who passed March 14th 2010......they were her favorite....

Comment

I went back from 4,5 mg to 3 mg every on ther day because I thought the LDN gave me headeaches but now I think it was not the LDN and I went back to 3 mg every day
                        Maybe I will go back to 4,5 mg every day

LDN gave me more energy, the muscle and joint pain went away ,my bloodpressure was allways high but now it is normal

Hooray for LDN !!

And I met another IC patient
                        LDN changed her live she said on a LDN facebookgroup
                        I will ask her if she wants to tell her impressing story here

Comment

I think that the LDN took the inflammation in my bladder away

Comment

I don't know if this is your problem, but lack of quaility sleep causes headahces.
                            My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

Okay, but my sleep is not bad at al

Comment

LDN is doing wonders for my bladder.....almost painfree now

Comment

Working...
                                X