Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mar60
    replied
    Since dec I am being traeted for breastcancer..chemo, radiation and surgery..but I am not tired at all..on LDN the fatique dissapeard!

Leave a comment:

• meagain
    replied
    Hi,
    I talked to my regular pain doc about LDN and he agreed to it. He's known me a long time, and I'm sure he was surprised to see me going from the long acting opiates to this! I have the Rx being filled now. We'll see if it helps all my other autoimmune problems. Currently my IC seems in remission but fibro, fatigue, psoriasis etc are all flaring. Mainly I'd like relief from fatigue.

The theory is that the tiny dose of naloxone wipes your endorphin receptors clean for a couple hours which then stimulates them into producing more endorphins. Weight lifting for endorphins! Also, endorphins are supposedly the main regulators of the immune system. Ha but I am NOT a doctor!

I just want to get enough energy to get to the gym and get myself put back together.

Hope it works. Thank you to everybody who posted their experiences with this.

Leave a comment:

• wolfpack
    replied
    Originally posted by LisaDeb View Post
    Hi All: Got LDN from River Pharmacy in canada w/ no prescription. mixed w/emu oil to make trans dermal. (see internet on how to do this) Tried making a oral liquid and taking that but had GI issues. Can only tolerate .75 mil/day so far or insomnia gets bad. Am frustrated as bladder is still a severe problem after 2 weeks. This may be caused by Mast Cell Upregulation. Any suggestions? Can't find any facebook area on LDN and cystitis. Nor any websites on both. Any suggestions? Been searching for weeks! am on Heprin /ladocane installations that are barely working after 2 weeks of them. Maybe 20% less pain on them. Not crying every day, but still in hell. Thanks!
    P.S. On Claritan also, which seems to do not much.
    How did you get it without a prescription? Their website seems pretty explicit about requiring one.

Leave a comment:

• mar60
    replied
    Originally posted by LisaDeb View Post
    Hi All: Can only tolerate .75 mil/day so far or insomnia gets bad. Am frustrated as bladder is still a severe problem after 2 weeks. This may be caused by Mast Cell Upregulation. Any suggestions? Can't find any facebook area on LDN and cystitis..
    Hi LIsa Deb, you can try this facebookgroup: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/215480981868988/

I think you do have mast cell degranulation..I had it when I first startred LDN.. and every time I highered the dose ..so i stopped after a few days and had a botox treatment..that helped me get trough the firt difficult months on LDN..I also took paracetamol, Arcoxia and Tramadol 12 hrs hrs after the LDN

Leave a comment:

• LisaDeb
    replied
    On LDN but need help

Originally posted by mar60 View Post
    Abby there are a few LDN facebookgroups where you can ask for Crystal Nason..she keeps a list of LDN drs all over the world..
    Hi All: Got LDN from River Pharmacy in canada w/ no prescription. mixed w/emu oil to make trans dermal. (see internet on how to do this) Tried making a oral liquid and taking that but had GI issues. Can only tolerate .75 mil/day so far or insomnia gets bad. Am frustrated as bladder is still a severe problem after 2 weeks. This may be caused by Mast Cell Upregulation. Any suggestions? Can't find any facebook area on LDN and cystitis. Nor any websites on both. Any suggestions? Been searching for weeks! am on Heprin /ladocane installations that are barely working after 2 weeks of them. Maybe 20% less pain on them. Not crying every day, but still in hell. Thanks!
    P.S. On Claritan also, which seems to do not much.

Leave a comment:

• mar60
    replied
    Abby there are a few LDN facebookgroups where you can ask for Crystal Nason..she keeps a list of LDN drs all over the world..

Leave a comment:

• abbyw
    replied
    I've started to research this drug, my ic pain is now mild compared to many but now I have chronic pfd resistant to all forms of therapy , associated chronic constipation or ibs , pain and tension from this seems to have led to widespread tension and trigger point issues in all hemispheres .. yay , could call me fibromyalgia but maybe just myfascial tension syndrome. I take low dose elavil now which helps some , elavil at low dose is suppose to help with constipation . I can't take higher doses because of lethargy and constipation increases. Elavil and LDN both increase endorphins just in different ways. Mercola endorses the use of LDN and he bashes most scripts if there are negatives . Mercola is my go to guy if I want to know if something is going to kill me. Plus the side effects listed for Elavil are a lot worse than straight up Naltrexone and this would be a much lower dose. Now I just have to figure out who would be willing to write the script!

Leave a comment:

• mar60
    replied
    Still bladderpainfree on LDN..

Leave a comment:

• maryla
    replied
    I've tried 4.5 did little. Then I tried 2.0 twice a day. Again did little. I then tried 3.0 twice a day and it works best for me. There is a study out there and I really do not remember who conducted it. But it sounded very promising as far as taking it twice a day. I took the study to my dr and she said "well lets give it a try". In the study some of the folks were actually doing well with up to 6.0 twice a day.

I just think that it's about finding the right dose for each individual. My husband takes it for his foot that seems to have developed some pain in it from an old injury. He's doing great on 4.5 a day.

That is great that your pain free on most days. I wish more people would learn about it and give it a try, as well as more drs allowing people to use it.

hugs and blessings,

Leave a comment:

• mar60
    replied
    Maryla , most of the days I am completely painfree...

Why are you taking LDN twice a day? drs are warning that taking it twice a day could block the endorphins to long

Leave a comment:

• maryla
    replied
    Wow, that is great!! I am so happy and I am glad that we have found a dr that can think outside the box!!

Tonight I start LDN 3mgs twice a day. That works good for me.

Hugs and blessings,

ps. I hope you cont with your great success and become completly pain free!!

Leave a comment:

• mar60
    replied
    LDN is doing wonders for my bladder.....almost painfree now

Leave a comment:

• mar60
    replied
    Okay, but my sleep is not bad at al

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    I don't know if this is your problem, but lack of quaility sleep causes headahces.

Leave a comment:

• mar60
    replied
    I think that the LDN took the inflammation in my bladder away

Leave a comment:

Working...
X