• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moongirl
    replied
    Originally posted by bubbe1 View Post
    Hi,

Is there a particular brand of oil that you use that doesn't cause burning?
    The brand that I am currently using is Aura Cacia. I'm just starting to incorporate it more into my routine, but I've found that I use the lavender A LOT! I have not noticed any burning as a result from using the essential oils. I usually will add some lavender to my bath water, as the tub is filling up, and then hop in and soak. Not only does it help with calming me down (I have severe anxiety), but it also leaves me and the bathroom smelling great, AND makes my skin soft. I've also used the lavender in a carpet deodorizing mix that I've made, which adds a nice touch to a newly cleaned home

As far as using epsom salts, I use those in my baths as well, as long as I am NOT irritated! If I am, then I use colloidal oatmeal instead.

Leave a comment:

• flowerangela
    replied
    i was not diagnosed with any conditions besides ic except depression..eucalyptus,rosehips,and chamomile are some of the scents that help me to soak in the tub with epsom salts.lavender is great as well.i have started my own little herb garden now to grow fresh herbs to use in the bath and kitchen.

Leave a comment:

• bubbe1
    replied
    aromatherapy

Originally posted by Moongirl View Post
    Hi Flowerangela,

I think aromatherapy is great! It's a new interest of mine, personally. I was wondering (and sorry if it's too personal to ask!) if you were diagnosed with any other conditions? I ask because I myself was, so I have to be pretty careful with any products I use, especially when it comes to bathing. I usually take oatmeal baths in the evenings, to help, and lately I have actually been adding a few drops of lavender oil to my bathwater to help with my anxiety and stress. So far, I am liking the results

Hope you start to feel better soon!

Best,
    Moongirl
    Hi,

Is there a particular brand of oil that you use that doesn't cause burning?

Lov "the doctor's prayer" in your signature, btw.

Leave a comment:

• Moongirl
    replied
    Hi Flowerangela,

I think aromatherapy is great! It's a new interest of mine, personally. I was wondering (and sorry if it's too personal to ask!) if you were diagnosed with any other conditions? I ask because I myself was, so I have to be pretty careful with any products I use, especially when it comes to bathing. I usually take oatmeal baths in the evenings, to help, and lately I have actually been adding a few drops of lavender oil to my bathwater to help with my anxiety and stress. So far, I am liking the results

Hope you start to feel better soon!

Best,
    Moongirl

Leave a comment:

• flowerangela
    started a topic i think we need a new sub forum on aromatherapy

i think we need a new sub forum on aromatherapy

aromatherapy has been helping me imensely with stress relief and my IC. i love it!
Working...
X