Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

acupuncture and herbs is helping me with my ic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• penneyjo
    replied
    My worst flares are brought on by stress and for those, if it is really severe stress, I sometimes have to get an instillation. Other than that, I can get through them with some UTA and my acupuncture routine. Stress is my very worst trigger by far.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Loraleena, have you been checked to be sure you don't have an infection working?

Donna

Leave a comment:

• loraleena
    replied
    Acupuncture and herbs have always worked for me to bring me out of flare ups and to maintain feeling pretty good. However right now I am in a 5 week long flare from hell the likes of which i have never experienced before. IT was triggered by sex I believe but has been compounded by stress and anxiety that is making it worse. It seemed to calm for a couple weeks and then got worse again. Acupuncture does not seem to be helping at all and even feels worse after sometimes. I don't know what to do. Does anyone have certain points that their acupuncturist uses specifically for IC. I always got relief from ones right around the bladder area but now they make me feel better during treamtment but worse after. So he is avoiding those. Any suggestions or thoughts? My symptoms are diff than usual. I feel worse now after peeing and having spasms and cramping and sometimes just burning bladder and urethera after. I hate going to the bathroom now.

Leave a comment:

• flowerangela
    replied
    TCM works for me.

Leave a comment:

• penneyjo
    replied
    I works great for me and keeps me from having those awful instillations for the most part. But, my main symptoms are pain and burning. I think it's worth a try just to find out!! The main thing is get someone who knows what they are doing. My doctor recommended the one I go to- I think that makes a world of difference.

Leave a comment:

• phoenixgirl
    replied
    I was very interested in trying acupuncture for my IC but in reading further, it seems like people with pain have the most success. I wish I knew whether or not it works for frequency and urgency, which is mostly what I have. Anyone out there who's had acupuncture work for IC symptoms other than pain?

Leave a comment:

• bluetou
    replied
    is this traditional chinese herbal medicine? I am just curious, is it working for you?

Peace
    Blue

Leave a comment:

• izazen
    replied
    They helped me a lot too. My doc has his own prescription for pain relief of Chinese herbs grown in California. It took my pain right away.

Leave a comment:

• bjwright
    replied
    Alternative therapies

Accupuncture is one of the alternative therapies that is being studied-- I forget where or what study-- and I think it was more than one.

I say try anything reasonable. Ya never know... you just might be the one to get better!

Leave a comment:

• flowerangela
    started a topic acupuncture and herbs is helping me with my ic!

acupuncture and herbs is helping me with my ic!

ever since i found a video of a former ic patient on youtube i have been feeling better about my healing path/getting better from ic. i had my first acupuncture treatment 2 days ago and have been experiencing significant pain relief.. just wanted to share this with you all and i hope it continues,its 60 bux per treatment but well worth the relief.i am also taking some herbs and i will let u know how that goes.i have had the most energy/pain relief in months. i am happy to find a natural treatment.
Working...
X