herbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• herbs

Has anyone used the aloe vera whole leaf capsules? Only two online vitamin companies have the formulation for IC sufferers and they are a little pricey. I don't want to waste my money each month purchasing these capsules unless someone has used them with success. Thanks.

Roseanna

Im not sure about the whole leaf, but I have heard of A LOT of IC sufferers using the gel or the juice of aloe vera with great success. I know it is a lot easier to find too. I never tried it, since I was always nursing or had become pregnant when switching to the alternative treatments. I use marshmallow root and probiotics with super great success. I found when having a super terrible flare I could take 2 capsules of each and within minutes my flare was gone, and all the related pain with it. I know everyone is different, and thats what worked for me, but I did talk to my dr about it, and even though he was skeptical at first he did his own research and actually said he was glad I found something that helped with no side effects and that was always safe during nursing or pregnancy. He has actually even recommended it to other IC sufferers wich surprises me.

From personal experience, I dont recommend buying anything expensive even if others say it helps, just cuz I have done that before. I spent a lot on some kind of acid reducing meds that a lot of IC people talked about and I could only find it online. It did not work for me, and I tried to use it anyway since it costed so much, a total waste. I will never do that again. Now when I want to try something, I look for the cheapest or smallest amount possible so I dont spend a lot and if it helps then I'll pay more. Good Luck I hope you do find something that helps.
    Mrs. Ridings

I was on...
    Loestrin 24(to prevent period induced flares)
    Elmiron since Feb.'07 for a year and half
    Atenolol for Migraines(caused by elmiron) since June '07(Had to have the amount doubled)
    Tried Prevacid didn't work.
    Tried Axert for migraines didn't work.
    Tried Frova for migraines made worse.
    Atarax Feb.'07-Feb'08
    Used to take IBS meds of all kinds, now I use Yerba Mate guayaki drinks, eating lots of fiber and flax seed, and taking probiotics and added magnesium. My probiotics help w/ flares too.

Now for the occasional flare related to stress, I take probiotic eleven and marshmallow root and it will make it stop and Im fine again. Otherwise I dont have many problems w/ my severe IC like I used to.Thank God!

Find the good in all things and then
    anticipate the good so that you may enjoy it.

(KJV)Psalms 37:
    3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
    4 Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
    5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

Comment

Hi Roseanna, I take the aloe vera juice, and it was a part of my healing. I opted to go the natural route, and taking the aloe vera juice was part of my daily regime. I found it helped with burning and frequency.

Keep in mind we are all different, and are effected by different supplements, good luck, hope it works for you

Peace
      Blue

Comment

Working...
      X