Acupuncture.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative Therapies > Acupuncture.

Yes I have been doing acuputure for awhile and I see a difference. I take it not only for my IC but for many different things.

I have Biplor, depression, tmj, post d. stress disorder, anxiety, IC, Pfd, VV.

Hugs Everyone

Comment

I've always wanted to try acupuncture mainly out of curiosity. I've heard that it can help for certain pains and other conditions but I'm the type of person that has to see it or experience it to believe it. The other alternative Chinese treatment that interests me is reflexology.
      Deb - recently diagnosed, trying to find temporary health insurance virginia plans

Comment

fungirl, if you experience frequency, have you noticed if it's lessened that at all?? that is my primary, and most annoying, symptom. could you elaborate on what differences you see? thanks!
        lucky to live in hawaii but having a hard time and have a lot of questions.

vesicare

detrol la
        pyridium

ditropan
        buspirone

?(new medications)
        chinese herbs: golden form with rehmannia

triggers: alcohol, coffee, soda, chocolate, citrus, sex, spicy food, soy, running/jumping, pms, birth control pills, stress, and lack of zzz.

Comment

I did accupuncture once last month. The next early morning I was awakened by horrible anxiety that lasted most of the following day. I dont know if it was related to the accupuncture, or just a freak hormone thing. I am considering trying another practitioner that an IC pt recommended that helped her a lot. Am pretty much desperate for anything to work. In my 8th month of continuous symptoms.
          I have basically done every treatment for IC except cyclosporine and botox. Everything has failed. I live on pain meds all day. My diet is so strict that I now have multiple vitamin deficiencies. I have also tried numerous alternative therapies. I would do a cystectomy, but doctors seem to think living in pain is better. Currently taking Synthroid, Elmiron, Percocet, Toradol, Desert Harvest aloe. Interstim done 4 times, what a waste. Also newly diagnosed with Hunners Ulcers on cysto. Now disabled due to IC. A body of life, a bladder of hell.

Comment

first acupuncture experience

so i had acupuncture done for the first time this morning. it was a little bit weird only because i had never had never done it before. overall it was a good experience, and i will be going back.

the acupuncturist had great energy and took the time to hear everything i had to say. she didn't for a minute think that my pain was just in my head. if anything she was frustrated for me that i have been in pain so long and that medications i've been taking have not cured me.

the needles themselves were not painful and after a minute or two i couldn't even feel them. my arms got a little bit sore just because of the way i had to hold them with all the needles poking out. one needle on my right leg was bothering me a little bit so i mentioned it to her. she said it correlated with my kidney. thought that was an interesting connection.

i've heard that some people can fall asleep, but i can't ever relax that much until i'm dead tired at the end of the day, and even then sometimes i just toss and turn. it felt like about a half hour, but i think it was only 20 minutes.

after the needles she suggested i take some chinese herbs. she had some at her office, but she wanted me to consult with a chinese medicine doctor that new herbs inside and out. so i went to see the man at the chinese herbal store. he checked my pulse and tongue and listened to my symptoms. then he wrote a lot of things in chinese characters and came up with a combination of herbs i should take.

he gave me golden form with rehmannia (jin kui shen qi wan) in tiny pill form; they look like dark green bb gun pellets. both the acupuncturist and the chinese medicine doctor gave me their numbers so i can call with any questions or concerns. i emphasized that not only do i not want pain, but i definitely do not want anymore frequency.

i'm praying it all does something. it's only been about five hours, but as of right now i don't feel much different. i think if it works it's going to take some time.

this is the full supplement blend: rehmannia root, common yam rhizome, cornus officinalis fruit, poria cocos, tree peony bark, oriental waterplantain tuer, cassia twig, and cuperus (rhizome).
            lucky to live in hawaii but having a hard time and have a lot of questions.

vesicare

detrol la
            pyridium

ditropan
            buspirone

?(new medications)
            chinese herbs: golden form with rehmannia

triggers: alcohol, coffee, soda, chocolate, citrus, sex, spicy food, soy, running/jumping, pms, birth control pills, stress, and lack of zzz.

Comment

thanks for sharing your experience. i've been interested in trying acupuncture myself. it's not covered by insurance, but we do get some sort of pricing cap with my insurance company.
              my experience with classical IC:
              • right side pelvic pain (also minor frequency issues) since 8/6/11
              • endometriosis discovered 9/1/11
              • hunner's ulcer discovered 11/29/11

i also have sporadic lower back pain and tendinitis in my right wrist.

Comment

I am going to try it again...

I finally have two health plans so I can afford a bunch of sessions. I just have to talk it over with my acupuncturist and hope for the best. My issue is pain and I have tried almost every pain med out there with no luck, severe reactions or side effects that were not tolerable. I just feel over medicated and am glad to be down to 5 meds...the lowest in a long time. Crossing my fingers on this one.
                Interstitial Cystitis: Elmiron and Hydroxyzine
                Depression/Anxiety: Remeron, Cipralex and Clonazepam

*tried instills for nearly a year, had a break then started again for about 4 months...discontinued due to no improvement and increased flares
                * 2 hydrodistentions :

* currently on "Nabilone" for pain management

Taken the following:
                Gabapentin no relief but could tolerate it
                Lyricano relief but could tolerate it
                Cymbalta severe depression/anxiety etc.
                Topamax severe nausea and weight loss
                Oxycodone: I could tolerate if I used it for flares only...not for extended use due to constipation

What helps IC: yoga/meditation are my current treatments along with chiropractic and pelvic physiotherapy and acupuncture

Other conditions...
                Vulvadynia (amytriptaline cream - no longer using to to irritation)
                Severe IBS
                Chronic Sinus pain (nasal rinse as need)
                Migraines
                Lower back and sacroiliac joint disfunction

Allergies: Erythromycin, scents and detergents

Comment

Working...
                X