• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    penneyjo
    ICN Member

• penneyjo
    replied
    It is not covered by my insurance and costs $70. per visit.

Leave a comment:

• Phoebe M
    ICN Member

• Phoebe M
    replied
    good to know

does acupuntcure have to be done through a referral

how much does it cost?

Leave a comment:

• penneyjo
    ICN Member

• penneyjo
    replied
    I have been treating my IC with acupuncture for over a year now. I think it is wonderful and helps your whole body while you are getting a treatment. It has proven to be a great help to me along with the diet. You might look for other threads about this, there have been several. My symptoms have always been terrible pain and burning, I never had the frequency problem thank goodness! I go about every 4 weeks and really do well. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• phoenixgirl
    ICN Member

• phoenixgirl
    replied
    Thanks. I will check around. I've called several places here and it seems like most of them are around $60-$85 per session and that's too high for me to think about doing a couple of times a week for several months. Maybe I could try it less often but then I don't know whether or not it would work that way.

Leave a comment:

• laurenmarieee
    ICN Member

• laurenmarieee
    replied
    frequency

unfortunately i was having frequency, but not as severe as you might be having. As I said, I was going about once an hour. To be honest, I have been doing a lot of research and I haven't seen a lot about that particular issue in relation to acupuncture. I have seen that anxiety and nerves do make symptoms worse. So if you think this applies to you I would try it.
    As for cost, I was luckily able to be referred to a acupuncturist that works on a sliding scale. Only 25-50 dollars a visit, depending on what you can afford. no questions ask. It is called City Acupuncturist for anyone in the area.
    If not you can research places in your area and call around as to find the best rates. Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• phoenixgirl
    ICN Member

• phoenixgirl
    replied
    I have heard that acupuncture helps, but mostly for the pain. I have really bad frequency and am just wondering if anyone has done acupuncture that helped with that aspect of IC?

I want to try anything that will improve my frequency but between doctor bills, meds, etc. I can't afford to pay a few hundred bucks a month for something that won't do me much good.

Leave a comment:

• laurenmarieee
    ICN Member

• laurenmarieee
    started a topic Acupuncture.

Acupuncture.

Hi Everyone.
    I am a 20 year old Sophomore at NYU. After suffering for about two years with supposed UTIs, i was diagnosed with IC two weeks ago after a cystoscopy. My symptoms have been on and off, but very extreme and painful when I flare. After my surgery I was in tons of pain. My bladder hurt, I was peeing every hour or less, and my vulva and female parts were swollen red and painful to touch. Of course, I started the diet immediately. When I told my teacher what I had and how much pain I was in she reffered me to an Acupuncturist. I am no medical expert or anything so all I can really say is that I am absolutely amazed at what Acupuncture did for me. I went from not being able to get to class, to feeling almost 90% better (crosses fingers). I think that this is proof that there might be natural ways to treat IC. Although my case might not be as severe as yours and of course my diagnosis was very recent, I really want to suggest that people try acupuncture. If anything it will help you calm down, which I know from experience is hard after being diagnosed with a chronic illness. I will be attending acupuncture two times a week and will keep everyone updated on my progress. As for now, my inflammation is almost gone, I feel happier and calmer ( I was having tons of anxiety about my condition) and I haven't had bladder pain since I had acupuncture yesterday afternoon. It is helping me stay positive, which in my opinion is something very important for people with conditions such as ours. Just wanted to share!
    Best,
    Lauren

Diagnosed with IC April 21, 2011.
    Symptoms since early 2009
Working...
X