X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bladder
    replied
    I am going to try it again...

I finally have two health plans so I can afford a bunch of sessions. I just have to talk it over with my acupuncturist and hope for the best. My issue is pain and I have tried almost every pain med out there with no luck, severe reactions or side effects that were not tolerable. I just feel over medicated and am glad to be down to 5 meds...the lowest in a long time. Crossing my fingers on this one.

Leave a comment:

• chairmenmeow47
    replied
    thanks for sharing your experience. i've been interested in trying acupuncture myself. it's not covered by insurance, but we do get some sort of pricing cap with my insurance company.

Leave a comment:

• h808
    replied
    first acupuncture experience

so i had acupuncture done for the first time this morning. it was a little bit weird only because i had never had never done it before. overall it was a good experience, and i will be going back.

the acupuncturist had great energy and took the time to hear everything i had to say. she didn't for a minute think that my pain was just in my head. if anything she was frustrated for me that i have been in pain so long and that medications i've been taking have not cured me.

the needles themselves were not painful and after a minute or two i couldn't even feel them. my arms got a little bit sore just because of the way i had to hold them with all the needles poking out. one needle on my right leg was bothering me a little bit so i mentioned it to her. she said it correlated with my kidney. thought that was an interesting connection.

i've heard that some people can fall asleep, but i can't ever relax that much until i'm dead tired at the end of the day, and even then sometimes i just toss and turn. it felt like about a half hour, but i think it was only 20 minutes.

after the needles she suggested i take some chinese herbs. she had some at her office, but she wanted me to consult with a chinese medicine doctor that new herbs inside and out. so i went to see the man at the chinese herbal store. he checked my pulse and tongue and listened to my symptoms. then he wrote a lot of things in chinese characters and came up with a combination of herbs i should take.

he gave me golden form with rehmannia (jin kui shen qi wan) in tiny pill form; they look like dark green bb gun pellets. both the acupuncturist and the chinese medicine doctor gave me their numbers so i can call with any questions or concerns. i emphasized that not only do i not want pain, but i definitely do not want anymore frequency.

i'm praying it all does something. it's only been about five hours, but as of right now i don't feel much different. i think if it works it's going to take some time.

this is the full supplement blend: rehmannia root, common yam rhizome, cornus officinalis fruit, poria cocos, tree peony bark, oriental waterplantain tuer, cassia twig, and cuperus (rhizome).

Leave a comment:

• landor
    replied
    I did accupuncture once last month. The next early morning I was awakened by horrible anxiety that lasted most of the following day. I dont know if it was related to the accupuncture, or just a freak hormone thing. I am considering trying another practitioner that an IC pt recommended that helped her a lot. Am pretty much desperate for anything to work. In my 8th month of continuous symptoms.

Leave a comment:

• h808
    replied
    fungirl, if you experience frequency, have you noticed if it's lessened that at all?? that is my primary, and most annoying, symptom. could you elaborate on what differences you see? thanks!

Leave a comment:

• DebbieT
    replied
    I've always wanted to try acupuncture mainly out of curiosity. I've heard that it can help for certain pains and other conditions but I'm the type of person that has to see it or experience it to believe it. The other alternative Chinese treatment that interests me is reflexology.

Leave a comment:

• FunGirl
    replied
    Alternative Therapies > Acupuncture.

Yes I have been doing acuputure for awhile and I see a difference. I take it not only for my IC but for many different things.

I have Biplor, depression, tmj, post d. stress disorder, anxiety, IC, Pfd, VV.

Hugs Everyone

Leave a comment:

• bjcov
    replied
    I tried it a few times but I could never relax or got a relaxed sensation. Maybe I just didn't have the right attitude? I loved the lady tho. She was super sweet.

Leave a comment:

• h808
    replied
    going to try it!

well, i pretty much feel like my bladder is driving me crazy. the frequency even though it's only once every 45 minutes to an hour is enough to want to jump off a cliff. i have yet to be diagnosed with ic, and that too is making me a little bit loco.

i figure while i'm waiting to see another urologist for a second opinion, i should do whatever i can on my own. so i made an acupuncture appointment for next week.

i'm praying that it will do something for my frequency but at least my bladder/urethra pain, and at the very very least do something for my stress, anxiety, and other little aches and pains. i feel like i'm too young to be feeling this way! ahh!

anyway... will let you all know how it is for me. i wish more people would follow up on their long term results. i've seen a few threads like this one, but not as many as i would have expected.

btw i will be doing community acupuncture which means other people will be in the room, and while i don't believe they accept my insurance, it is done on a sliding scale so my first visit will be $40, and after that i will pay $20-$40, whatever i can afford. wish me luck!!

Leave a comment:

• Phoebe M
    replied
    starting Acupunture finally

Well I am finally going to try acupuncture after more than a year of agony.

I have 3 clorpactin treatments booked for this winter as well just in case the acupuncture doesnt work.

Its strange though, i went back on the pill yesterday since it used to help with my periods and my BF doesnt want to have kids anyway at the moment... and I haven't had pain yesterday or today... weird!

Anyway I am sure when I go to work tomorrow the pain will return but lets just hope.

From what I have read here, many people have found relief with acupuncture.

Any new posters have anything to say about acupuncture?

Leave a comment:

• Bojana
    replied
    I tried acupuncture last year but I had weird reaction to it (swollen bump on leg and pain) so we stopped. I am thinking to try it out again this autumn to see if I can try it again, a bit worried I might react badly again and that acupuncture just is not for me

Leave a comment:

• loraleena
    replied
    I have been going to community acupuncture in Amherst Ma. for 2 years now. It usualy helps a lot with symptoms and often gets me into a long remission. Then I do it less and the symptoms come back. I gotta keep at it at least once a week. No big deal at 20 bucks a pop.

Leave a comment:

• giabella
    replied
    There is something called "community accupuncture." Google it in your area. It costs significantly less per session but you are in a room with other folks being treated. It's worth a shot.

I had my best day yesterday in 2 months...since being diagnosed. I just finished my 9th accupuncture session the day prior. I think you really have to go for a about 9 to 12 sessions before you see results and see someone who knows what they are doing when it comes to trigger points, etc.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Gina

Leave a comment:

• flowerangela
    replied
    acupuncture works!!!(for pain anyway)

Leave a comment:

• Jinny Jean
    replied
    I have always wanted to try this! As soon as I get some extra money I wil be marching my bladder in for acupuncture. Lol Glad it has made a difference for you! I have just bad frequency when I flare so I am hoping this will help with that!!!!! My anti candida diet seems to be helping alot though, so things are ok right as of now. Thanks for posting this!

Jenn

Leave a comment:

Working...
X