Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jinny Jean
    replied
    It could have been that I took too much to start with.... I will try again, maby it wa someting else that flared me and it wa a coincidence. No I ahve no probs with milk either, sometimes I get a stomach ache if I eat TOO much but I think thats normal for everyone. I eat tons of ice cream all the time and never have a problem.....

Leave a comment:

• purpleviolet
    replied
    all these supplements!

My bad news is I had some vaginal bleeding which I need to have checked out due to the fact that I am way post menopausal. I'm going for an ultrasound, BUT since I stopped (generic) elmiron weeks ago because my IC was bad(which at some point I may start again) my IC has calmed down. Now, has it calmed down due to a new supplement I am taking - Adrenal Health (Gaia herbs) or due to manuka honey ( which at first I thought flared me), or is it the weather. I'm certainly stressed out about a number of issues. but the IC is a bit better lately.

Down the pipleline my list of supplements to add in resveratrol, pycnogenol,colustrum if I can afford all that. And something I read about on an osteoporosis blog called CALM (magnesium) helps people sleep, but I do take magnesium sometimes... If you have time you could soak in an epsom salt bath and that may have the same effect.

Leave a comment:

• Bojana
    replied
    I am also trying colostrum but not sure if it is it what is causing my u/f badly right now. I am lacto intolerant and I got kosher colostrum plus from Symbiotics which should be ok for those who want to have it lacto free. So far I worked up to 4 in a day (around 2000 mg) It is said that we should slowly work up the dose. I pray to God that this is not yet another thing that doesn´t work for me while hearing good reports from others.

Jenn - how much do you take? Are you perhaps lacto intolerant? If so, it might be possible to flare if you take "normal" colostrum. If you are not then perhaps you started with too high dose?
    I don´t know, I am in similar boat trying to figure it out what the heck can I take if anything at all.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Colostrum is a form of milk produced by the mammary glands of mammals in late pregnancy. Most species will generate colostrum just prior to giving birth.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Taramc
    replied
    Wow..my first thought here is that something else must have flared you. I flare from everything - I'm super diet sensitive and a little adrenaline will get me every time. I even flare from Fish Oil capsules. But colostrum is just milk, right? I've never flared from it. But we're all different...anything could happen.

Leave a comment:

• Jinny Jean
    replied
    Colostrum flared me... Should I keep taking it? Will it eventually not flare me? I heard it was a cleanser too so that could be why at first but then it dies down and helps?

Jenn

Leave a comment:

• Taramc
    replied
    Brand

I don't think the brand really matters, but the Source Naturals brand is pretty cheap on Amazon. The important thing is to keep taking it - LOTS of it. 3000mg/day! And yes, definitely let your doctors know what you're up to.

Leave a comment:

• babygirl1071
    replied
    It will be two weeks Friday that I started taking the colostrum. Not sure if it's starting to work or if it's the cortizone shot in the foot for an injury, but I am feeling a little bit better. My family doc isn't in this week and the other doctors there said to go back to my uro for help. Screw that!!! She's done nothing but load me up on drugs and had me spend thousands of dollars on a cysto/hydro that only helped for about a month. If I continue to feel like crap, I'm going to try a holistic approach.

Leave a comment:

• Jinny Jean
    replied
    Sometimes elmiron can take SOO long! I have heard people say it didnt work for them for a year or more but when it did it was soo worth it. Maby keep taking the elmiron a little longer? I know it must be so frustrating, im not sure if its working for me and im only 3 month in! Im also getting seriously impatient Just wanted to chime in and say maby dont give it up just yet

Jenn

Leave a comment:

• purpleviolet
    replied
    pycnogenol

I remember reading that pycnogenol (french maritime pine bark) might be good for IC, so I am going to get some soon along with colostrum. The foreign "elmiron" I have been taking has not helped me. Quite shocking to me that elmiron did not work after 8 months of taking it so I'm back to looking at alternative.

Leave a comment:

• Jinny Jean
    replied
    I ended up getting some today, I have taken two so far.. not sure if its helping yet, but I know I am still flaring from the antibiotics... I hope this flare ends soon its really getting me down I was taking Quercitan as well, but I think I will hold off on that and try the colostrum for a little while. I wanna know what is helping or not.

Leave a comment:

• babygirl1071
    replied
    I get the Vitamin World brand that they carry. I'm having a little trouble with some burning tonight, but since I've starting taking it a week ago, it seems to be easing up. I know it usually takes a few weeks to really get the effect of any pill, so hopefully after another week it will make things much better. I've been flaring for almost two weeks. The first flare since I had my hydro in mid-April. I'm just so tired of going to doctors all the time and all the bills. If I can find a natural way to treat this along with the meds, I'm happy with that.

Leave a comment:

• Jinny Jean
    replied
    What is the brand you buy? I am going out today to see if i can get some

Leave a comment:

• babygirl1071
    replied
    I have been taking the Colostrum for a little over a week and it seems to be helping. I am still having some discomfort, but not as bad and not as long. I have been taking three a day. So, hopefully this will do the trick to rid me of this flare.

Leave a comment:

• purpleviolet
    replied
    blutou and taramc still on colostrum?

I thought about this but only took a few pills of lactoferrin which I think is similar, but not sure. I see you need to take a lot. Is it still working and what else do you take. Thanks! PV

Leave a comment:

Working...
X