ALKALINE water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALKALINE water

Hi ! Just thought id put this out there. I have ben drinking my tap water since the IC symptoms started, THINKING that it was infact alkaline. Not sure WHY but I just figured ALL water was alkaline. Big mistake. I PH strip tested my water yesterday and it was 5 EEEK!!! I immediatley went out and bought bottled ESKA water with a PH of 7.8. Immediate reliefe. NO WONDER my urine was always acidic! Good gracious! It was because that was all I was drinking !! liquid acid!! lol.. ok not quite, but still.. to my bladder anyways....

I have now been drinking only bottled Eska water for 2 days now and had major improvement. I am hoping they will just continue to get better.

BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR WATER it could be what is hurting you.

Jenn
    28 yrs old,

I have little to no problems now with my bladder, unless I am very stressed out, I forget to take Elmiron for a few days, or I eat or drink something that I know is a trigger...(i.e) like eating a tomato or drinking tea.... Took a long time to get here, but it IS possible to feel good again I just want people who are new to know that IT CAN get better, and for every one person who is suffering, there are hundreds of others who feel GREAT because they have control of thier IC.

What Works: Tylenol 3's, Pyridium, Elmiron (Going on 4 years now!) HOT showers!!!

Medications/ Vitamins: Elmiron-100mg 4x's daily Tylenol 3's/Advil (flaring) Vitamin D, WILD salmon oil 4x gels in the morning, Women's ONE a DAY multivitamin (the gummy kind doesn't make me flare) and PROBIOTICS!

Me in my graduation gown!

I have also found that most bottled water is very acidic. We have bottled water at work and I was miserable, drinking many glasses a day. I finally tested it and it was off the chart! I now keep a small container of baking soda at my desk and sprinkle a very small amount in each big glass of water to get the Ph up. When I go to events that offer only bottled water I make sure I have Prelief tablets to drop into the bottled water. I think that helps.
    Jan

Comment

Hey yeah really good point! I also tested a bottle of dasani water the other day and it was just as acidic as my tap water. SICK. Anyways I purposly went out and bought eska because it actually had the PH labled right on the bottle, which is rare. I brought it home and re tested it to be sure. I hear that evian is ok and Fuji too... I will stick to alakaline water from now on! lol
      28 yrs old,

I have little to no problems now with my bladder, unless I am very stressed out, I forget to take Elmiron for a few days, or I eat or drink something that I know is a trigger...(i.e) like eating a tomato or drinking tea.... Took a long time to get here, but it IS possible to feel good again I just want people who are new to know that IT CAN get better, and for every one person who is suffering, there are hundreds of others who feel GREAT because they have control of thier IC.

What Works: Tylenol 3's, Pyridium, Elmiron (Going on 4 years now!) HOT showers!!!

Medications/ Vitamins: Elmiron-100mg 4x's daily Tylenol 3's/Advil (flaring) Vitamin D, WILD salmon oil 4x gels in the morning, Women's ONE a DAY multivitamin (the gummy kind doesn't make me flare) and PROBIOTICS!

Me in my graduation gown!

Comment

If you have Meijer Stores (kind of like a Wal-Mart but one step up), they have their own brand of bottled water, Meijer Calcium Plus, and it's Ph balanced and about 1/3 the price of Evean or Fuji.
        Jan

Comment

Dasani is an irritant for many of us. I avoid any bottled water that has added ingredients. I look for plain spring water with no additives.

Donna
          Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
          Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
          Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Evian water has helped me tremendously!

It has the same components of baking soda without the sodium.

With Estrace cream and Evian water I'm a happy camper!

Comment

I do great with Aquafina water! I've had IC since 2003 and I found that Aquafina was the only one that didn't give my bladder a problem.
              Diagnosed in July 2003

Meds and supplements:

Desert Harvest Aloe Vera
              Prelief as needed
              Megafood multi
              Fish oil (Nordic naturals)
              Probiotic (Mega food mega flora brand)
              Vitamin D (Carlson's solar gems 4000 IU)

Favorite Quote:

"Dance as if no one were watching, sing as if no one were listening, and live every day as if it were your last."

Comment

Alkaline Water

Hello friend,
                I started drinking alkaline water once I fall allergic. It was a friend of mine, who suggested me the ionized alkaline water. I use the Tyent USA water ionizers. The alkaline water tastes good and helps in flushing out the impurities from our body and balances the acid-alkaline body pH. I felt more refreshed and energetic since I started drinking alkaline water.
                Tyent USA is having a wide range of water purification products that promotes health and wellness.
                Water Ionizers
                Alkaline Water

Comment

I can only find ph testers for urine and saliva...where can I get ph test strips for water?

Comment

ALKALINE water

I'm getting that some PH water this Friday. Can't wait

Comment

Working...
                    X