curamin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curamin

Has anyone heard of this? I read about it on a pelvic pain forum. I've been looking for something that will help inflammation (mostly in my heel, but if it could also help my bladder, that would be a big plus!). I sometimes have trouble with things like ibruprofen and naproxen. Just wondering if anyone uses it successfully for any type of inflammation or pain before I bring it up at my next appointment.
    Last edited by ICNDonna; 09-17-2011, 05:18 PM. Reason: Removed sales site.
    ----------------------
    -Amanda
    34 years old, bladder symptoms all my life
    diagnosed with PFD and VV October 2009; IC May 2010

Current meds:
    Cystoprotek 2 pills twice a day, Hydroxyzine 10 mg, Gabapentin 600 mg, Myrbetriq 25mg, Zoloft 25 mg, Mircrogestin, capsaicin cream (for vulva)
    Other past treatments:
    IC diet, physical therapy, Traumeel injections as needed, TENS unit, heating pad, instills with sodium bicarb, lidocaine, and mucosa compositum
    Tried and didn't work:
    Pyridium, Singlair, Nortriptyline, Elmiron, lidocaine and heparin instills (worked at first, then didn't anymore), various creams, acupuncture

I've heard of it too. My dr recommended it to me for anatural medicine since I was having so many side effects from Rx's. I havent tried it yet, have you had any success with it?

Comment

I've been taking it for a week or two. It helped much more noticeably at first, but now not so much. Like I said, I'm mostly taking it for my heel, so it just may not be enough to combat the unforgiving cement floors I teach on each day. If it starts to help more drastically (which of course I'm hoping!) I'll post again here.
      ----------------------
      -Amanda

Current meds:
      Cystoprotek 2 pills twice a day, Hydroxyzine 10 mg, Gabapentin 600 mg, Myrbetriq 25mg, Zoloft 25 mg, Mircrogestin, capsaicin cream (for vulva)
      Other past treatments:
      IC diet, physical therapy, Traumeel injections as needed, TENS unit, heating pad, instills with sodium bicarb, lidocaine, and mucosa compositum
      Tried and didn't work:
      Pyridium, Singlair, Nortriptyline, Elmiron, lidocaine and heparin instills (worked at first, then didn't anymore), various creams, acupuncture

Comment

skybluesoul

I noticed you said you teach on cement floors. Have you tried a poditrist for heel pain?

I just got lifts for my shoes because walking very long caused my knee and hip pain.

I have only been using them for a few weeks, but I already notice a difference.

He said my arches were too flat causing the pain after walking, years ago my feet would really hurt when I had a job walking on cement all day.

Just a thought it might be an option which is not a med.

Good luck MG
        My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

MG, thanks for the suggestions. I'm seeing a podiatrist who diagnosed me, and have also started physical therapy for it. I was diagnosed through x-ray. The doc gave me a cortisone shot after diagnosing me (yow! I think it may have hurt worse than pelvic floor injections). I don't want any more of those, so I'm hoping PT will eventually help. I use inserts now, but I think I need to look into more custom orthodics for my shoes. Briza -- I was just told that my arches are fairly high also. I need to remember to stretch before getting out of bed...I do it at other times of the day, but I know it's important to do so since everything gets tighter as you sleep.

I am so tired of having to go to PT for everything! Plus I hate talking to co-workers twice my age who have similar issues.
          ----------------------
          -Amanda

Current meds:
          Other past treatments:
          Tried and didn't work:

Comment

Originally posted by Briza
            Ever feel like your body has turned on you?? I'm ready to trade mine in for a new one lol. Good luck with the PT.
            Absolutely! Sign me up for a newer model. I do often find myself thinking that my body has turned against me. Sometimes it's so hard to stay positive.
            ----------------------
            -Amanda

Current meds:
            Other past treatments:
            Tried and didn't work:

Comment

Hi Briza, I haven't been doing well. I now have plantar fasciits in both feet. I'm in pain constantly. The curamin stopped working awhile ago. My doctor prescribed Celexa, but it made me feel loopy and wore off quickly. So I'm currently pumping myself full of Advil even though it makes my bladder so much worse. It's not been fun.... As a former teacher, I'm sure you understand.

Yes, please send me info about your orthodics! And the anti-inflammatory diet too if you could. I'm getting desperate. I'm ditching my current doctor and seeing someone new this Wednesday. I really hope he can be more helpful.
              ----------------------
              -Amanda

Current meds:
              Other past treatments:
              Tried and didn't work:

Comment

I also have high arches. And unfortunately most shoes on the market are completely flat with no arch support at all. I got some that are called "Superfeet" at my doctor's office and they are great.

Donna
                Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Thanks, Donna. I definitely need something, and I've heard of Superfeet. I have only been using insoles from Dr. Scholl's. I use a night splint and now a boot at night, but still the pain persists.
                  ----------------------
                  -Amanda

Current meds:
                  Other past treatments:
                  Tried and didn't work:

Comment

Thank you! Yes, the boot isn't exactly comfortable. I've been lasting most nights with it, but it's like having a bowling ball strapped to your foot.
                    ----------------------
                    -Amanda

Current meds:
                    Other past treatments:
                    Tried and didn't work:

Comment

When I have heel pain, I wear my Birkenstock's. They have a formed insole and the heel is very sunken. I have a heel spur and when I try athletic shoes I have pain with an hour. For me, this has been wonderful. Not sure it will work for you but I thought I'd add my 2 cents to this subject.

I have tried custom orthotics on 2 separate occasions and they were a disaster.

Comment

Working...
                      X