No announcement yet.

Son has H1N1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i HAD it a few weeks ago, better now except for a cough )and I think I'm getting a respiratory infection) but they gave me Tamaflu and an antib.
    It does take a lot out of you, I haven't been this sick since I had the chicken pox at 32 yo.

Comment

I know some of you have seen that I had H1N1. I got over it and then a couple days later I was sick again. Gone back to the DR. Sinus infection and Bronchitis. They gave me Z pack. I still feel really bad. I still have the cough and today I had another fever. I have never been this sick. I have to make myself get up out of bed and try to do things around the house. I just don't know what to do. NO ENERGY!!!!

DIAMIC65

Comment

Sending you a super hug and hope you feel better soon. Do, get as much rest as you need though. Are you trying to do too much to soon?

hugs and blessings
        MARY

Serenity isn't freedom from the storm.....it's peace within the storm.....I had my sick bladder removed Jan 7th 2010.....Even though I had many complications.......I would do it again in a moment.....I have no regrets......Sunflowers in memory of my sister who passed March 14th 2010......they were her favorite....

Comment

herbs and vit D

Ask you doctor - many alternative sites recommend huge doses of Vitamin D for the flu - 3 days of 50,000 units/day. My 94 year old aunt was given 50,000 units of D to take once a week and she is full of energy (given to her by her Indian doctor whom she claims is excellent). Check out Life extension. They have a flu protocol which is very unique. Not sure if you have to be a member to see it but it includes things like DHEA and tagamet. Check with your doc. I'm scared of getting it. I'm an herbal freak which many of you know. I have stock piles of elderberry - but since elderberry can also raise cytokines and cytokines can be bad sometimes if your body over produces them causing a cytokine storm then I have reservations about elderberry, except vitamin D and tumeric and some other herbs can suppress cytokines so I'm thinking some kind of combo - like elderberry can suppress the virus, but then I need to suppress the cytokines. There is lots of blogs and wikis on this. These herbs could interfer with your meds or IC. I'm just saying what I would do. And I just stock piled something called asafatida (sometimes spelled differently) which in India is called hing and it is super super stinky (sulphur) but when cooked is mild like garlic. Anyway Chinese scientists say it kills H1N1, but noone says whether that is cooked or raw, but I would go with cooked because I think raw is bad for you and cooked is how it is used in Indian recipes ( it is even in worchestiresire sauce). Research it. It was used in the 1918 flu - people had it around their necks but I found one blog that said the kid who actually ate it lived. I have teenage kids and I am worried for them. I hope they can get vaccinated before they get it. They are in high school and college where those germs are swarming. I am worried. That is my nature.
          I got IC in 1970! I was not diagnosed until 1991. I've tried many drugs and therapies but I tend to only resort to drugs when in a flare because when I am not in a flare (from being good on diet), I suffer only from small bladder volume (like about 7 ozs.) and peeing will relieve the discomfort. When I am feeling relatively normal, I say to myself I am glad I am not on a drug. When I am in a flare, I say, why am I not on a drug! I've recently have been trying to solve my connective issue problems in general. I look to diet and herbs mostly unless it gets really bad. I still think there is great hope for each individual finding a path to healing and there are many.

Comment

My son had what we assumed was H1N1 in Sept, we assumed this as his brother who he lives with got it from a coworker with a confirmed case. Thne is Nov. the kid sitting next to him at school was sick with H1N1 symptoms (he should not have been at school) and said his roommate had a confirmed case. $ days later my son was sick again same symptoms just as bad as the first time.

Someone told me that in some cases people do get it a second time, but I have not heard this from any Dr. etc. It would not surprise me if he did get it a second time, he got whooping couch 3x as a young child.

He has since been vaccineated for H1N1, he does fall into the catagory of high risk from other medical issues.

Just wondering if anyone else has ran across this. This was not a secondary infection as there was 4 weeks between and he was just fine between.

Just wondering MG
            My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

After I had H1N1 I felt good for couple of days. Then I got sick again. This time with a sinus infection and sever bronchitis. They did not test me again for the flu. this was a week ago and I'm feeling some better but I'm really worn out and today I have a bad headache and a low grade temp.

DIAMIC65

Comment

Hey Diane,
                It's interesting what you 're going through as that is exactly what I went through with a bout of flu just a little over three years ago. I initially had the high fever 103 (passed out in front of a restaurant we were going to that night..that was embarrasssing..people actually thought I was drunk!). The fevers and bone crushing pain in my joints lasted about two weeks and then I came down with a horrible case of bronchitis and that was another 4 weeks. So,I am really feeling for you right now! (I'm also crossing my fingers I don't get this one!)
                So, I'm sending you some healing thoughts!
                Cynthia
                Initially diagnosed with IC July 2009.
                Officially diagnosed with IC/PFD February 2010.

Additional problems past and present:
                Hypothyroid, joint pain(fibromyalgia or arthritis), heart problems(so far in remission with this),pre total hysterctomy:severe endometriosis, ovarian cysts, cervical dysplasia,had intestinal obstruction due to adhesions. Allergies to Tetracycline, Bentyl and Bromocriptine. Skin allergy to latex, tomatoes and hard cheese.

Things that help my IC:
                IC diet
                Keeping stress(good or bad) to a minimum
                Percocet as needed
                Ativan as needed(rarely anymore!)
                Prelief
                Amitriptyline 20 mgs nightly

Physical therapy for PFD
                Things that didn't help or made it worse:
                Heparin Instillations
                Prosed
                Atarax