Help, sinus infection, what antibiotics safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, sinus infection, what antibiotics safe

Anyone know what antibiotics we can take? I hacve a sinus infection and I don't know what to ask for

Hi Judy,

I know you want to do the best for your bladder, but it is also important to get the right antibiotic for your sinus infection. It would be a good idea to ask them to culture your drainage to find out what antibiotic will work best. It is called a "culture and sensitivity" and even with bladder infections that is the best way to go.

After you get the sample taken, maybe you can try a saline nose spray and some wash clothes soaked in warm water and vinegar on your forehead. These can help relieve the pressure until you get the right antibiotic prescribed.

I know this isn't quite the answer you are looking for, but what works for one person isn't going to be the same for you.

Hoping you feel better soon!!! Hugs.........
    Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
    IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
    IC Diet Website
    For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
    Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
    Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
    IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

same here! ive had cold/sinus for about a week now and am terrified to go to the doc to get antibiotics for it due to antibiotics causing me yeast and other problems in my body. i am just starting to recover from being on them for a year straight.im hoping it will just run its course no fever or anything. im using the neilmed sinus rinse kit to get rid of it and some herbs....
      Newly IC diagnosed as of February 2011.

Medications I'm on that seem to work:
      Zoloft- one once a day
      Butrans pain patch 5 mcg (THANK GOD FOR WHOEVER INVENTED THIS!SO MUCH PAIN RELIEF ITS UNREAL,I AM IN NO PAIN AT ALL UNLESS I STRESS OR SCREW UP ON THE DIET)

Failed Meds:
      Elmiron-after 4 months,digestive side effects got to be too much
      tramadol-allergic
      DMSO treatments(5-6)
      probiotics

THERAPIES:gardening,cooking,IC Diet,Counseling,Lots of warm baths,stress reduction,heating pad or ice packs,meditation/deep breathing,listening to relaxing music,having fun on pain free days,drinking chamomile or peppermint tea,pelvic floor physical therapy
      AROMATHERAPY-candles,incense
      Village Naturals Aches and Pains Peppermint Bath Salts
      Johnson and Johnsons Lavender Melt Away Stress Body Wash/Lotion

ACUPUNCTURE/HERBS
      Significant pain relief so far.

MAY TRY:yoga,swimming/hydrotherapy and anti-candida diet if i can kick my sugar addiction
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      ***TO MY IC SISTERS AND BROTHERS:WE ARE OUR OWN ADVOCATES!,PLEASE DO AS MUCH RESEARCH ON YOUR OWN AS POSSIBLE AND TRY DIFFERENT TREATMENTS TO GET WELL.NOT ONE TREATMENT WORKS FOR EVERYONE.MOST IMPORTANTLY,TRY TO KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE,DISTANCE YOURSELF FROM NEGATIVITY/NEGATIVE PEOPLE AND NEVER,EVER GIVE UP!***

Add me on facebook Angela Hasic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
      where there is hatred, let me sow love;
      when there is injury, pardon;
      where there is doubt, faith;
      where there is despair, hope;
      where there is darkness, light;
      and where there is sadness, joy.
      Grant that I may not so much seek
      to be consoled as to console;
      to be understood, as to understand,
      to be loved as to love;
      for it is in giving that we receive,
      it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
      and it is in dying [to ourselves] that we are born to eternal life.

Comment

Get a Z-Pack! They work best.
        Your Friend,
        Michelle

Diagnosed: 10/16/09

Elmiron, 100mg 2x per day
        Imipramine, 10 mg per day
        Diazepam 10 mg for sleep
        Zyrtec
        Zovia, birth control (ongoing-no periods)
        Probiotics
        Hydrocodone, 2 pills a day (at any time of day)

Comment

Thank God for the Neti Pot! A PP mentioned one kind of sinus rinse. It may sound horrible, and at first it is weird. But get one and use it!
          I just got off Omnicef followed by Cipro and I didn't get relief till I started using the Neti Pot. There is a saline/baking soda solution you can add to it.
          I hate taking antibiotics! In the future, I'll use the Neti Pot when I start feeling symptoms of sinus problems.
          Good luck to you!

Comment

I've found both Bactrim and Clarithromycin to be effective for my sinus and do not cause me yeast. Both of those as well as amoxicillin/pencillin type drugs are front line antibiotic treatments for sinus infection based on what my doctor says and according to info I've found on the net.

I am very prone to yeast with the wide spectrum antibiotics so for that among other concerns about their side effects I avoid them at all costs! From my research they do no seem to be any more effective for treating sinusitis than are the ones I mentioned above so there is usually no basis for prescribing one as a first, or even second, round of treatment treament sinusitis. I have the journal article I found at work. I'll try to remember to post a link to it on Monday. It's an interesting read if you suffer from frequent sinus infections.

Hope you feel better! Keep us posted.

Comment

My suggestion is to go with the antibiotic the culture and sensitivity test indicates will be most effective.

Donna
              Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
              Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
              Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
              [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Working...
              X