Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    My suggestion is to go with the antibiotic the culture and sensitivity test indicates will be most effective.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Briza
    replied
    I've found both Bactrim and Clarithromycin to be effective for my sinus and do not cause me yeast. Both of those as well as amoxicillin/pencillin type drugs are front line antibiotic treatments for sinus infection based on what my doctor says and according to info I've found on the net.

I am very prone to yeast with the wide spectrum antibiotics so for that among other concerns about their side effects I avoid them at all costs! From my research they do no seem to be any more effective for treating sinusitis than are the ones I mentioned above so there is usually no basis for prescribing one as a first, or even second, round of treatment treament sinusitis. I have the journal article I found at work. I'll try to remember to post a link to it on Monday. It's an interesting read if you suffer from frequent sinus infections.

Hope you feel better! Keep us posted.

Leave a comment:

• ReneeWest
    replied
    Thank God for the Neti Pot! A PP mentioned one kind of sinus rinse. It may sound horrible, and at first it is weird. But get one and use it!
    I just got off Omnicef followed by Cipro and I didn't get relief till I started using the Neti Pot. There is a saline/baking soda solution you can add to it.
    I hate taking antibiotics! In the future, I'll use the Neti Pot when I start feeling symptoms of sinus problems.
    Good luck to you!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Get a Z-Pack! They work best.

Leave a comment:

• flowerangela
    replied
    same here! ive had cold/sinus for about a week now and am terrified to go to the doc to get antibiotics for it due to antibiotics causing me yeast and other problems in my body. i am just starting to recover from being on them for a year straight.im hoping it will just run its course no fever or anything. im using the neilmed sinus rinse kit to get rid of it and some herbs....

Leave a comment:

• Julie B
    replied
    Hi Judy,

I know you want to do the best for your bladder, but it is also important to get the right antibiotic for your sinus infection. It would be a good idea to ask them to culture your drainage to find out what antibiotic will work best. It is called a "culture and sensitivity" and even with bladder infections that is the best way to go.

After you get the sample taken, maybe you can try a saline nose spray and some wash clothes soaked in warm water and vinegar on your forehead. These can help relieve the pressure until you get the right antibiotic prescribed.

I know this isn't quite the answer you are looking for, but what works for one person isn't going to be the same for you.

Hoping you feel better soon!!! Hugs.........

Leave a comment:

• judy45
    started a topic Help, sinus infection, what antibiotics safe

Help, sinus infection, what antibiotics safe

Anyone know what antibiotics we can take? I hacve a sinus infection and I don't know what to ask for
Working...
X