X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• purpleviolet
    replied
    what were symptoms that led to fungal drug

Hi - what were the symptoms of the yeast? was there a culture done? If you have chronic yeast and you have to stop drugs, I would say a naturopath would know how to deal with it with diet and less toxic supplements. I want to get a PCR (i think that is what it is called) yeast test. My naturopath told me a lot of people who think they have yeast, don't (I'm not talking about obvious vaginal yeast infections)as they just don't test positive with this very sensitive test. Whenever I have urine cultural done they test for yeast in the urine and it is negative. I never hear about anyone saying they have yeast in their urine.

Leave a comment:

• Leela11
    replied
    yes, ketoconazole helps

Hi there,
    I started taking ketoconazole a few weeks ago and it has helped significantly. It might be worth trying. It starts to help me with a few hours of taking it. (it might take a few days when when you first start taking it) I don't take antacids with it because they interfere with the absorption of the drug, but I don't need to take antacids when I am on the ketoconazole, because the burning and pain dissappear. Also, I don't have as much urgency when I am on ketoconazole, I can run and jump and no leakage. I don't know how long I can handle being on this drug due it's liver toxicity, it makes me feel different, hurts my liver, and I am nervous of it.
    Seems that fungal infections deserve a bit more attention from medical professionals. Wish I could find someone who has experience treating patients for fungal problems.
    Last edited by Leela11; 11-08-2011, 01:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nal
    started a topic Ketoconazole

Ketoconazole

has anyone been treated with this Anti fungal medication? Did it help?

Nancy
Working...
X