X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Broth culture question

Originally posted by belle18 View Post
    Hi all,

What was the contact details of the U.K. Doctors you went to please for the broth culture?
    Don't know if I am allowed to give this, but administrators will modify if not. There is as far as I know only one... Dr. Catriona Anderson. Broth culture has its own controversies, however, it made sense to me to have a low level of infection, as my symptoms never cleared and then I heard all about Biofilm Bacterial infection, which the GPs don't really know anything about, but which have been researched and are established as ways in which bacteria hide by creating a biofilm so they are not found in urine testing and are difficult to shift. If you are in the UK the Cystitis and Overactive Bladder foundation (COB Foundation) might be helpful. It was these people who suggested the Broth culture. Good luck x
    Last edited by ICNDonna; 07-07-2016, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Most doctors don't do broth cultures.
      Mr. Khullar uses a special lab that he gets good results with.
      and there is a doctor at the Whittington named Dr Malone who treats IC as a deep wall infection (biofilms) with long long term antibiotics... i've heard super mixed things about that--some people get better (average 2 years) others don't... guess it depends on root cause

Comment

Originally posted by Sus View Post
        Don't know if I am allowed to give this, but administrators will modify if not. There is as far as I know only one... Dr. Catriona Anderson. Broth culture has its own controversies, however, it made sense to me to have a low level of infection, as my symptoms never cleared and then I heard all about Biofilm Bacterial infection, which the GPs don't really know anything about, but which have been researched and are established as ways in which bacteria hide by creating a biofilm so they are not found in urine testing and are difficult to shift. If you are in the UK the Cystitis and Overactive Bladder foundation (COB Foundation) might be helpful. It was these people who suggested the Broth culture. Good luck x
        Have they now treated it as that, and how are you doing with that?

Comment

Yes I recently went to Dr Catriona Anderson who did a broth culture for me. She found enterococcus faecalis in me. I am now trying antibiotics but I flare immediately when I take them so we don't know if it is die off and to carry on or if it's a chemical reaction. If anyone has experienced something smililar let me know. Also if any UK sufferers want to talk then let me know! Feel very alone with this awful illness! Xxxx

Comment

Originally posted by Lottts0105 View Post
            Yes I recently went to Dr Catriona Anderson who did a broth culture for me. She found enterococcus faecalis in me. I am now trying antibiotics but I flare immediately when I take them so we don't know if it is die off and to carry on or if it's a chemical reaction. If anyone has experienced something smililar let me know. Also if any UK sufferers want to talk then let me know! Feel very alone with this awful illness! Xxxx
            Hi, I am in East Sussex and saw Dr. Anderson. I've been doing the naturals route, rather than antibiotics, although I did try trimethoprim, but I've got a mixture of bladder and menopause stuff. Sorry you feel so alone. Am happy to talk some time if you want... xx

Comment

Thank you so much for getting in touch is the natural route working for you and why did you choose it? Did you have the same bug as me?
              My email is [email protected] if you'd rather email or text? Xxx

Comment

Thank you so much for getting in touch is the natural route working for you and why did you choose it? Did you have the same bug as me?
                My email is [email protected] if you'd rather email or text? Xxx
                Hi Lottie, I will email you this weekend if that's okay... am just getting over a nasty vaginal pain episode, so got up late today. It will be nice to make contact with someone in the UK who has seen Dr. A, although this is an excellent forum and the people are lovely and always helpful. Sue xx

PS My broth culture showed enterococcus, and ecoli. I use D-mannose and allicin (garlic extract), and probiotics, sea buckthorn oil, IC diet, no sugar or gluten. I did try oil of oregano, but left it out as wasn't sure it was doing anything or whether it can irritate as it's pretty strong. Others take it and and Grapefruit seed extract. Have you been on the private facegroup page for clients of Dr. A and Professor Malone? I found that useful to get information from. My problems last few months have also been hormone related, having been diagnosed with vaginal atrophy so this is my main struggle at the moment, although also urgency. Speak soon. x

Comment

So lovely to hear from you. Yes please do get in touch. Could you let me know if the natural way is working for you, what your symptoms were and if they died down using the naturals at first or if it made you irritated at all. Only if you're happy to answer those.

Looking forward to speaking to you and I hope you're not in too much pain! Go away you horrible horrible illness! Xxx

Comment

Do u know what lab dr a uses? Wondering if can self test there...and were u private? What us test cost and consults if so...

Comment

So lovely to hear from you. Yes please do get in touch. Could you let me know if the natural way is working for you, what your symptoms were and if they died down using the naturals at first or if it made you irritated at all. Only if you're happy to answer those.

Looking forward to speaking to you and I hope you're not in too much pain! Go away you horrible horrible illness! Xxx
                      HI Lottie, just to let you know I replied on your private email... sorry for the delay and hope you are okay..xx

Comment

I have been treated by Prof Malone Lee with High dose antibs for 8 mths. He believed i had an intracellular infection. Still in pain and off the meds. He does help some. I dont longerbelieve that embedded infection is my root cause...
                        Will have to accept the stupid IC....
                        I have had IC since January 2015 and mainly with pain / burning / warm feeling in bladder / discomfort.

Currently: Elmiron 4x100mg, LDN 4 mg at night, antihistamines

Tried and didnt work:
                        Meds; Uracyst, DMSO, Gabapentin, Cyclosporine A, Amitriptyline, hyperbaric oxygen chamber 40 x sessions, high dose long term antibiotics (8 months)

Naturals; Colostrum, DH Aloe vera, acupuncture, MSM, Glocosamine, Homoepathic treatment, marshmellow root, chinese herbs, IALURIL, Gotu Kola, D Mannose.

--

Please find a cure - so many are suffering

Comment

Working...
                        X