Botox injections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Botox injections?

How do they get the injection into the bladder? My doctor says if everything we are tying now fails that that is the next thng to consider.
    Interstitial Cystitis Stomach problems
    diastolic dysfunction
    vascular insufficency of left leg
    pelvid floor disorder
    hypothroidisim
    asthma
    bread cancer - 5yrsl. remission
    swollowing difficulty
    fatigue
    lots of doctors
    lots of med.

Keep your eyes on the Lord and he will direct your paths.

It is like a cysto/hydro. They insert a thin tube with a needle on the end into the urethra to inject the Botox. Make sure they put you under for this as the procedure can be quite painful if you are awake. I had the procedure while I was awake and was numbed and on Xanax and I still kicked my uro in the face every time he did an injection.
    Janelle
    I am a soul whose intentions are good.
    Oh Lord please don't let me be misunderstood.

Comment

Janelle,
      Thnks for the info. Did you find alot of pain afterwards and did it seem to help. I am kind of afraid to do this but will if I think it is needed to help with pain.
      diastolic dysfunction
      pelvid floor disorder
      hypothroidisim
      asthma
      swollowing difficulty
      fatigue
      lots of doctors
      lots of med.

Comment

I only experienced a bit more pain that I usually did with a normal cysto/hydro. Botox didn't work for me but it is worth a shot if you have tried everything else and nothing helped.
        Janelle

Comment

botox

Hi, Big Red

I had the botox injection, while sedated, with cysto/hydro procedure. It did'nt work for me either, plus I had bladder retention sooooo bad, I had to catherize myself every hour, on the hour . I had the procedure done because my uro, bless his sweet heart had tried everything, and I do mean everything, approved and not approved for IC treatment, except removing my bladder, which was not a option for me at this time. I pray this works for u, plus it's so expensive.

Belinda,
          Blessed in Bama

Comment

Belinda is right. It is expensive. I had to pay $500 for the botox because it is not covered by insurance since it is not FDA approved for use in the treatment of IC. That was on top of the cost for the procedure.
            Janelle

Comment

I had botox injections in November. Afterward, it was very difficult to actually go to the bathroom & starting in december i have had the worst flares of my life, so it clearly did not work for me.
              Laura

West Bend, WI

30 yrs old

Diagnosed September 2005

Elmiron (Stopped taking as it did nothing)

Tried Botox Injections 11/06

Started Bladder Cocktail Instillations 5/07...do them as needed with my Doc & IV sedation

Take Percocet & Vicodin as needed for pain

Married and would like to get pregnant

Comment

My doctor told me not to get my hopes up for it to work the first time. Has anyone elses doctor said the same? I am having a Cysto/hydro and botox done march 2. I will be put to sleep for this. He said if it goes well for the next one he will do it in the office. From what I read it is more painful to be awake for it? Please tell me more about the experience I want to know what to expect.
                IC/IBS Hopeful : I had my bladder removed on September 29, 2008 for me but I am also so happy I have no regrets

Comment

botox

I'm curious to know how long the retention lasted. I have heard only a few days. Some people miraculously had no retention. The retention is what makes me nervous.

Comment

I don't have much of a retention problem when I get my urethra and pelvic floor muscles injected too.

Comment

IBS hopeful,
                      Love to hear back as to how the Botox went for you.
                      diastolic dysfunction
                      pelvid floor disorder
                      hypothroidisim
                      asthma
                      swollowing difficulty
                      fatigue
                      lots of doctors
                      lots of med.

Comment

Big Red
                        I did okay, I had a cysto/hydro along with the injections. He could only stretch the bladder to 300cc the first time and 450cc the second time. He said I defiantly have IC I had hemarage spots (I can't remember the name) all over. After he was done with that he did the 33 injections.
                        When I woke up I hurt so bad. They flushed my bladder with lidocaine and barcarbonate (sp?) They also gave me plenty of morphine. They had left a foley in but I had them take it out as soon as I was awake enough and I got up to pee and I didn it on my own. It took be about 5 hours to leave the hospital after the procedure. I was very sick from being put to sleep. I also had 2 cysts removed on my valvar area those are still painful. My bladder is still tender and I hope soon it will feel better. I do notice that my frequency had improved. I go about 10 times or less a day now. better than 30 times.
                        I still have bladder spasms if my bladder fills all the way. for me that is only about 200cc.
                        Every day I feel a little better thanks for asking.
                        Lynn
                        IC/IBS Hopeful : I had my bladder removed on September 29, 2008 for me but I am also so happy I have no regrets

Comment

Glad to hear it went well with you. I am looking for all the feed back I can get incause the hydro doesn't go as well on April 16 as I hope it does. I am also seeing how PT goes. I hope that will help. Right now I am not feeling well along with IC flare my 24 yrs old daughter gave me a head cold which seem to be settleing more in my chest as I am a asthmatic. I have to get over this before April 4 or I could see my doc calling off surg.
                          diastolic dysfunction
                          pelvid floor disorder
                          hypothroidisim
                          asthma
                          swollowing difficulty
                          fatigue
                          lots of doctors
                          lots of med.

Comment

Working...
                          X