Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• melbel
    replied
    In the pelvic muscle with 10ML. It has been one week. I hope it gets better. Thanks fo ryour kind words. I don't want to give up hope.

Leave a comment:

• deborah bush
    replied
    Melbe where did they inject your botox and how much? Give it time. Are you using it for pain? I hope you feel better.

Deborah Bush

Leave a comment:

• melbel
    replied
    This truly sucks the life out of you. I've never had pain and cannot even begin to fathom what that is like. I really hope this works. I know one thing...I ain't goin' on Interstim! My doctor (not this one) tried to bully me into going on it and then my current doctor was told me how a study came out in a medical journal about how bad it is.

Leave a comment:

• jpwilkinson
    replied
    The worst thing about this disease is trying to communicate to your friends and family how you feel - the pain, the burning, the depression. So everytime I have a new procedure they all think I'm going to be cured and I feel like I'm letting them down when it doesn't work. Thank God for this IC Forum and people like you who understand because you live it too.

Leave a comment:

• melbel
    replied
    Judi,

You are just like me! I feel a little better and tomorrow it will be one week. I know they said it would take two weeks, but I want it now!

Leave a comment:

• jpwilkinson
    replied
    Yes, he said after another week I should get some results and relief from the pain. I think I'm too impatient and thought I should immediately feel great.

Leave a comment:

• melbel
    replied
    So he did feel there would be more of a difference even after a week...

Leave a comment:

• jpwilkinson
    replied
    I had the injections just inside the bladder. My Uro put me on Cymbalta today for the anxiety and depression. I also found out that I am having a lot more retention than I thought and that is causing some of the pain. After I urinated, he catherized me and I had another 300 cc's but did not feel the urge to go. He instilled a bladder cocktail of heparin, marcaine and sodium bicarb along with some numbing medicine so I feel great tonight. He said the Botox should start working in another week or so. In the meantime, I'm going to self cath at least 3 times a day.

Leave a comment:

• verdicries
    replied
    Did you have botox injected INTO the bladder or just pelvic muscles? My dr. wants me to consider it but I already have so much retention...ick.

Thanks,
    Tracy

Leave a comment:

• melbel
    replied
    Thanks!

i hope you feel better. I have this fear that he didn't give me enough or something. I am just hoping that I didn't go through this for nothing you know?

Leave a comment:

• jpwilkinson
    replied
    I had Botox on March 6th - 200 units. I had no problems with the procedure and not much retention this time but I am still having lots of pain and feeling very weak. I am going back to my Uro today to see if he can give me anything for the anxiety and this weakness - maybe some B-12 shots. I had Botox the first time last July and I remember feeling bad for 4 to 5 weeks and then I had about 3 1/2 months relief from pain. I'm praying it works this time or I will probably have to have the interstim. I hope that with time you will feel better too. Keep us posted.

Leave a comment:

• Big Red
    replied
    I hope you works for you. Keep me posted as to your progress as thats what my doc. says is my next procedure with PT and Hydro don't work.

Leave a comment:

• melbel
    started a topic I had Botox on Wednesday...

I had Botox on Wednesday...

It was painless with no retention. I feel sorry for the previous poster. They said it takes up to two weeks to see if you have benefitted from it. I feel slightly more relaxed. Those who have had it done, did you see any difference even like five days after having the procedure? I just don't want to believe this is it. He used 10 ML.
Working...
X