X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTHottie14
    replied
    flomax

I knew that was the reason they gave it to me at night....my dad had to take it and fainted the day after so they took him off....but i was figuring once you got used to it maybe you dont have to take it at night??? I have not had any problem with the medication...but who knows!! Thanks!
    Laura

Leave a comment:

• ads
    replied
    The reason they want Flomax to be taken at night is due to the side effects. It can cause orthostatic hypotension, which is dizziness and faintness caused by fluction of the blood pressure due to changing position from lying, sitting, and standing up.

ads

Originally posted by NTHottie14 View Post
    I take .8mg of flomax a day.....i take it at night but my "hesitation" is in the morning and daytime so i am going to ask if i can take it in the morning instead.
    As for your surgrey i will be praying for you. It must me hard to be told its cancer and have to wait so long. I will be praying that everything goes well.
    Good luck with everything!!
    Laura

Leave a comment:

• deborah bush
    replied
    Hi! Laura I take flomax in the morning. They are not sure? if I have cancer Laura. So that is why that is driving me crazy.

Deborah Bush

Leave a comment:

• NTHottie14
    replied
    flomax

I take .8mg of flomax a day.....i take it at night but my "hesitation" is in the morning and daytime so i am going to ask if i can take it in the morning instead.
    As for your surgrey i will be praying for you. It must me hard to be told its cancer and have to wait so long. I will be praying that everything goes well.
    Good luck with everything!!
    Laura

Leave a comment:

• deborah bush
    replied
    Hi Laura I am going to have a pain block on thru. for my clitorus pain. I am hope that it will work for me. How much Flomax are you taking? I am going to have my thryoid operated on the last tue of Aug. They think it is cancer so they take half of it out and do a frozen section to see what it is. It is really driving me up the wall waiting till last Aug to have this surgery done to see if it is cancer. I want all of you to pray for me!!!

Deborah Bush

Leave a comment:

• NTHottie14
    replied
    botox not working...

Botox is not working this time....dr. moldwin doubled my valium....he said no more botox...you can get immuned to it after a while so there is no point in doing it again......so he wants to do the the pain block injection....so we have to call him back next week...i already did this injection once..he doesnt want to put me out again bcuz i have been put out too many...but there is no waaaaaaaaaaaaay im doing that without being put out even though he will numb it....OUCH!!!! But i will update next week when i speak to him again..thanks!!
    Laura

Leave a comment:

• NTHottie14
    replied
    Thank You!

IC is very hard to explain and my dad seems to be the only one that doesnt understand it....my mom had such bladder problems when i was younger to the point where she thinks she might of had IC....So she has had BAD bladder infections with pelvic pain so she most likely knows what it is like.
    And as for the pushing....im still doing it!Its just a habit now but i have to do it in order to empty or i will just feel like crap. So we'll see how well the flomax works and hopefully the pelvic muscles will get better. Im off to take a bath just like dr. moldwin orders...he says 3 times a day....but what if you work and cant do that many..just came to my mind LOL????? I ddont know it doesnt seem to help me that much. But thanks again for everything!
    Laura

Leave a comment:

• kmcgeed
    replied
    Wishing you luck

Hi Laura,
    It's Kathy again (the new member)....I also wanted to add that I really sympathize with all you are going through at such a young age...I am a mom of 3 kids..My oldest child is almost your age...I find it very hard to take care of my kids and do all the things that everyone need me to do while suffering from my symptoms...Also I sure understand that no one else "gets it"! My husband and my mom try hard to understand but unless you feel it yourself it's hard for them to understand how bad it really is...I know what you mean about it being difficult to explain to people..altho I/C seems to afflict many of us, it doesn't get much media attention, so people don't understand it or PFD, which I also have...(I have been pushing to get that last drop of "pee" out since I was about 18 (and that was many years ago!) I didn't realize I was hurting my muscles by doing that until I read Dr. Moldwin's writings on the internet!...Anyway I wanted to wish you best of luck in your recovery and hope all goes well for you! Dr. Moldwin is supposed to be the best from all I've heard, and he is easy to talk to!
    Good luck,
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

• kmcgeed
    replied
    Flomax issue

Hi Laura,
    I am new to these boards but have suffered from constant bladder/urethral pressure, and constant urgency/freguency/feeling of never being empty etc. for over a year...I was recently diagnosed by Dr. Moldwin as having IC due to a very thin bladder lining he saw during my hydrodistension..Anyway, at my appointment on Friday, Dr. Moldwin prescribed an 8 week course of Flomax as part of my therapy..I was told to take 2 tablets at night...Sure enough, I had the same reaction as you mentioned...I had get up to pee 3 times that night and I think the medicine really tightened my muscles as hardly anything came out, tho I felt like I had to go badly...(Usually I get up approx once at night and have a pretty normal flow amount.) Anyway, when I woke up in the morning I had TERRIBLE bladder pain..I've had it before, but not like this...The pain dispelled a bit after getting up, moving around and taking some Vicodin and Valium...also took a warm bath..Anyway the next night I tried skipping the Flomax. I slept through till dawn and there was no real bladder pain when I woke up, so it must have been the Flomax the night before....
    Does Flomax increase urgency/frequency or maybe it does at first and then it settles down?? If it does increase it, it's not the drug for me as it would only be exacerbating my main problem... anyway just wanted to let you know I had the same reaction on the 1st night I took Flomax...!
    Regards,
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

• NTHottie14
    replied
    wow

I think its really weird we both had problems with retention after botox. Dr moldwin thinks it has nothing to do with the botox but obviously it does and i think i might mention to him that you had the same problems after you had it done. Did your doctor that does the botox think you retention was due to the botox???? or did he think it had to do with something else?? I just find it really weird....and a coincidence that it happened after my 1st round and worse after my second round. It has to do with the muscles too i guess....my doctor also suggested that the pelvic muscles may be so tight around my bladder that.. that is what is causing the bladder retention. I wonder if anyone on this website who has had botox had the same problem. Do you know anyone else that has had the botox???? Thanks again for writing back.
    I am taking .8mg of flomax before bedtime...it kinda sucks cuz it makes you get up more at night...im hoping that when i get used to it i can take it in the daytime.....the urgency with the flomax gets so bad that it hurts my bladder......does anyone else see that problem???
    Well thanks again!
    Laura

Leave a comment:

• deborah bush
    replied
    Laura, I think I got retation after my first botox. I started flomax when I was in the middle of my botox. I was getting kideny infection so they decided to put me on flomax. I have to have a neddle bx. on my thyroid gland next Wed. You have a nice weekend.

Deborah Bush

Leave a comment:

• NTHottie14
    replied
    ??

Were you on flomax before the botox or after??? Did you notice any retention after you had your botox?? I just think its a coincidence but i was just wondering. Thanks and good luck with your next treatment!!
    Laura

Leave a comment:

• deborah bush
    replied
    Hi Laura I take Flomax and I take .5mg once a day. I think it does help me. I will go either Dec or Jan for another Botox treatment in Miami. I hope you are doing okay.

Deborah Bush

Leave a comment:

• NTHottie14
    replied
    yeep

I was taken off the cymbalta and yes i had MAJOR mood swings....i was ****** at everyone and when there werent any bagles and my mom wouldnt go out and get any i turned into this monster it was stupid and nuts!! But thats all over with so im glad im off the cymbalta and the affects are gone..

I started with one flomax for 3 days then two after that and i do get up to go to the bathroom once every night. It isnt even 1 mg its less then that so i dont think that is a lot im not sure?!? How much are you on????

Laura

Leave a comment:

• realitygirl
    replied
    I was on 3 mg once a day. But I cath. It's not as bad as you would think!!! In fact when I do cath, I drain everything out and then I put in lidocaine, heparin and sodium bicarb which is wonderful. It numbs the bladder so I don't have to deal with the pain.I have really bad spasms too. .. that is what stops my urine flow.

So did you stop taking the Cymbalta? That was another thing that my doc said would/could cause retention. But after being off of that for a few days caused some major mood swings - worse than PMS! and then I would just yell, "No one understands this pain!!!!" The yelling didn't help but it's just one of those I can't take it anymore pity parties.

The Flomax should help. They told me to take it at night too but I found that I had to get up a lot during the night to go to the bathroom so I started taking it during the day. He has you on 2 pills at night? That seems like a lot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X