Can injections be done rectally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can injections be done rectally?

Hi, there have been trigger ppoints found by my PT rectally believe it or not that sends my bladder into a tailspin! Right when this spot is touched inside instantly I have to pee and my bladder area hurts so much! I have never had botox injections but really considering trying them. Does anyone know if it could help something like this? I know theres issues rectally because right after a BM my symptoms always get worse. Just wondering if it could relax the muscles in there and help. Or if this even sounds like muscle spasms? ~Ann
    Facebook- Ann Stockmeyer Rachinger

I am sorry I do not know. I think it would be a good idea to talk to your doctor.
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Ann I get botox injection in my bladder. But I have never heard about getting botox injection where your taking about.

Deborah Bush
      I have IC, the IBS, Heartburn, High bloodpressure,thyrod problems, depression and clorties pain.

Comment

Hi Deborah! Thanks for your reply. I just wanted to add why I asked this. The reason is because from my understanding the botox is also used as an injection into the actual pelvic muscles. I'm a bit hesitant yet to try it in the actual bladder because I've read that it can cause some retention. I am VERY prone to retention! Practically every med gives me it. But I do know I have some severe muscle trigger points so I thought I would ask if this would be possible.
        Facebook- Ann Stockmeyer Rachinger

Comment

I had botox injected into my pelvic floor muscles. I woke up with black and purple bruises and nobody would tell me how they got there. I had a bad experience, but there are probably other IC'ers who got some relief with injections into the pelvic floor.

Comment

Hi Catlover2 How are your doing? I have been think about you!! You have a nice day.

Deborah Bush
            I have IC, the IBS, Heartburn, High bloodpressure,thyrod problems, depression and clorties pain.

Comment

After seeing six uro's/urogyn's in less than a year, I have decided that it is a waste of my time to find a good uro. My family practitioner is amazing. She is the only doc who listens to me, and she is willing to try just about anything to help me feel better. I'm impressed because she has taken the time to learn about IC. I recently started on Avinza. I had my first pain free day in over a year. :woohoo: I think my dose needs to be increased or I need a different break through pain med because my current dose of Avinza isn't working as well as it used to. After starting on Avinza I was able to stop both of my sleep meds so I'm no longer a complete zombie during the day.
              I still have a female uro I see occasionally. She can't help me because I have tried all of the treatments she is familiar with, but she can write prescriptions for my rescue instill meds. I have lost faith in the medical profession after everything I have been through in the past 11 months. I decided not to seek any new treatments for IC because I can't handle the emotional rollercoaster. I think my family practitioner and I can figure out the right combination of meds with some more trial and error.

Comment

Working...
              X