Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations!!!

I think is great that we have another space for discuss about Botox

I´m sure that is a very great option for all the patients (like me) that other treatments don´t work

A huge Thank You to Flore for volunteering to moderate this board.

Warm hugs,
    Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Woo hoo! Just what I asked for. I'll post my 12 day report when I get back from class. I'm at "dog camp" in Council Bluffs, Iowa for 6 days for intensive training on obedience/agility/tracking for performance dogs. My Mini Schnauzer is currently the # 7 ranked obedinece Schnauzer in the country. I had so hoped I would be well enough for this and happy to report I'm holding my own. Going to this has been my dream for over a year and here I am. Here's hoping we all get our lives back and get to do all the things we've dreamed of.
      Dianne

My bellydance "sisters" , our dogs, and me.

Comment

THANKS FLORA.

I AM GOING IN OCT TO MIAMI HAVE ANOTHER BOTOX INJECTION. FLORA HOW HAVE YOU BEEN DOING WITH YOUR BOTOX? I WISH BOTOX WAS AROUND WHEN I HAD DONE THE INTERSTIM. WOULD HAVE DONE THE BOTOX FIRST. DEBORAH

Comment

Congrats Flore,

I can't think of anybody better to moderate this board. You are a wonderful inspiration to all of us. Talking with you through the Botox adventure has often made things easier. Having IC buddies are great but having a Botox buddy has been a God Send to me. Cna't wait to meet you in October. Congrats again, Cindy

Comment

Thank you Flora I know you will do a great Job.
            Medicine taken daily or as needed:
            1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
            2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
            3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
            4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
            5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
            5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
            6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
            7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

Thanks to all of you!!!

DIANNE: I will be praying for you, and I hope you have your life in your hands very soon. Don´t give up!!

DEBORAH: I think that in this time Botox in my bladder doesn´t work so much, my dr told me that he put only 6 injections in the base of the bladder because I had a very big contracture in there. But in the vagina and in the sphincter the injections are still working

On oct, 12 I will have again the injections, but in this time, my dr is going to put the 20 injections in all the wall, and I hope that by this way Botox help with my IC

CINDY: I am really exciting to meet you too!!!!!

DEBBY: You are a very dear friend for me, and you know, ok??

Comment

aww flore you are such a sweetie and an angel to me. I know that I am a very dear friend of yours and your a dear friend of mine. You are in my heart and thoughts and prayers. I hope these botox works for all of you. flore you are such an inspiration to me and look what you are doing for us and your country. God is so proud of you. Off to work I go, but will write later. God bless you. sendyou hugs and kisses. grouphug grouphug grouphug kissing kissing angel angel
                Hang in there , There is hope.
                There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

Hi Susan,
                  I'm 2 weeks post botox today. Having a lot of trouble with retention. I can only empty about 1/2 but I have been able to express out the rest and avoid cathing except for twice which is just as well since my urethra is such a mess. I had a good night the first night and one other good night earlier this week on tues. There's been a few good hours here and there but that's it and no consistent move forward yet. I haven't had a good block of hours in several days now. I'm bummed. Do you think at 2 weeks this is as good as it gets? Or might I still get better to those who have had this done?
                  Di
                  Dianne

Comment

Whoops, disregard the Hi Susan part. I shouldn't copy/paste before coffee.
                    Dianne

Comment

Flore, Thank you so much for volunteering to moderate this board. You are a very compassionate person and an inspiration to us all. You have done so much to bring Botox to the forefront.
                      Liz

Comment

I am not a botox patient but have been reading the posts and wondering if they put you to sleep for it or are you awake for it? I would like to learn more about this.Flore you are an angel and inspiration to me and us. thankyou for all that you do.
                        Hang in there , There is hope.
                        There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

The procedure is sleep (or with spinal), this is the recomendation, because the botox is injected with the needles that have the cystoscope

Comment

I was the first person I know of to have it done awake but I wouldn't recommend it. I did it due to no insurance coverage but it was extremely painful. I almost fainted. If it does work though, I'll probably bite the bullet and do awake again.
                            Dianne

Comment

Working...
                            X