botox on Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• botox on Wednesday

I'm having botox in my pelvic floor on Wedneday. My doc is doing it in the office. I've had enough anesthesia in the past few years and always end up with retention, so we decided to do it in the office. She plans on injecting about 300 units of botox. I'm very nervous about having this done while wide awake.

Anyone with any tips or advice?
    Gigi

Gigi, how are you doing after your botox injection? I usually have 150 units put inside my bladder and it is done in the doctor office to.

Deborah Bush
    I have IC, the IBS, Heartburn, High bloodpressure,thyrod problems, depression and clorties pain.

Comment

Botox

Hi Gigi,
      I too was wondering how your botox injections went and how you are doing.
      I am going to be trying it in the next month, along with physical therapy afterwards, and am interested in others experience. I hope you are doing well!
      - Sharon
      [SIZE="2"][FONT="Lucida Console"]
      My blog: http://icandpne.wordpress.com
      1995 - Original symptoms: urethral pain and knife in the left side of vulva. Dx'd with "urethral syndrome" 1997- Dx'd with IC (potassium test) by Dr. Lowell Parsons. Tried all "usual" IC treatments, Elmiron, Atarax, DMSO, heparin, lidocaine instillations. 2000- First hydrodistention by Dr. Daniel Curhan, classic IC glomerulations & mast cells. 2005 - 2nd hydrodistention by Dr. Christopher Payne, Stanford University; dx'd with "refractory" Interstitial Cystitis. 2006 - Dx'd with left pudendal neuralgia by Dr. Jerome Weiss, had two unguided nerve blocks, pain worsened. 2008 - Botox, unguided intravaginal blocks (*WARNING* risk of further damage) by Dr. Felicia Lane; PT with Julie Sarton. 2010 - PNE (Pudendal Nerve Entrapment) surgery, TG approach, by Dr. Michael Hibner. (FAILED) 2011- PNE surgery by Dr. A. Lee Dellon, frontal approach. (FAILED)
      Jan, 2012 - Dx'd with "centralized pain" by Dr. Joshua Prager, UCLA Pain Management. 3-day ketamine infusion, nearly pain-free!!! Bad news: Bladder flared as ketamine is known bladder irritant. Oct, 2012 - Pain pump trial on Dr. Prager's recommendation. Awesome results!
      Nov. 13, 2012 - Surgery to implant intrathecal pain pump, which has been a lifesaver! Success at last! Thank you Dr. Prager!

Comment

Working...
      X