Botox update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Botox update

Well it has been about 4 months since my Botox. I would just like to let everyone know that it has really, really helped w/ my urgency and frequency. I used to get up 5-10 times a night to pee. Now I RARELY get up to pee once, ususally I sleep thru the night! (1030 pm-530 am). I hope it lasts for a bit!!!!

Great!

I would love it hear more about it! I have OAB and it's been in the back of my mind for a year now.

Glad to hear that you are having a good experience.
    ~Holly
    XOXO
    ~Holly

Diagnosed by symptoms: 8/12/2009
    Thought I had Overactive Bladder for several years and even had episodes of frequency in childhood.
    My symptoms are mild, mostly frequency, urgency, bladder irritation and faint bladder spasms.
    CurrentTreatment:
    Heparin/lido Instills of 20 cc's as of 8/12/09
    IC Diet
    10mg Elavil
    Pyridium
    Lot's of water

Potassium test on 8/14/09--very mild reaction, a 1 on a scale of 1-10.

Comment

That is FANTASTIC!!! Very happy for you, especially since I know this is an experimental and often expensive treatment and not many patients have reported success with it. SO this is very good news!!:woohoo: Hope you have many more restful nights to come!!

Comment

Originally posted by Briza View Post
        That is FANTASTIC!!! Very happy for you, especially since I know this is an experimental and often expensive treatment and not many patients have reported success with it. SO this is very good news!!:woohoo: Hope you have many more restful nights to come!!
        Thanks!! I didn't know that not many had successs...figures since most conventional treatments didn't work!

Comment

botox

I am getting botoxed in about 3 weeks. Can you pm me the doctor who did yours? Mine swears she is not going to put any in the areas that cause you to urinate or deficate. I have a very tight band of muscles running from my left hip, across my back and down along the left side of my vagina. She thinks this is why I am having frequency/urgency issues and hopes the botox will relax those muscles. I sure hope it works. I just went for a bunch of MRI work, a physical from my primary doctor, and a lab for bloodwork. All that for some shots! I am keeping my fingers crossed that they finally find something that helps me. I'll keep you posted on my results.

Comment

Working...
          X