Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Botox Today

Hello Everyone :-)

In five hours I will be in the hospital awaiting my surgical day procedure for Botox. I cannot wait. I should have had this done about 2.5 months ago when things really started to go down hill. I can say that the last month has been hell. Frequency every 20 minutes, bad bladder spasms where I have ended up on my knees, etc. I look forward to watching this start to take effect. I had success last time 😀 I feel like doing a happy dance that the procedure is today.

Current Meds:
    1 Elmiron 100mg 3x a day
    1 Cimetidine 300mg 2x a day
    4 Gabapentin 300mg 3x a day (3600mg)
    1 - 2 Atarax 25mg at bedtime
    1 baclofen 10mg 3x a day as needed
    200mg of Pyridium 3x a day (usually do in cycles - on for a week or two as needed) - I am very careful about this.
    2 belladonna and opium suppositories as needed for pain daily.
    Bladder instillations (Lidocaine, Heparin, & Sodium Bicarbonate)

I have tried but failed -
    lidocaine instillations, heparin instillations, oxybutynin by mouth also called ditropan, tylenol 3s with coedine, cyclobenzaphrine, Ativan, vesicare, Oxytrol patches worked for 3 to 4 years and then failed, I tried Uracyst and had some success but my urologist felt that it was not successful so we moved on to trying something else. .
    [/I]

Re: Botox Today

Good luck keep us posted
    My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

Originally posted by wizbe View Post
      Hello Everyone :-)

In five hours I will be in the hospital awaiting my surgical day procedure for Botox. I cannot wait. I should have had this done about 2.5 months ago when things really started to go down hill. I can say that the last month has been hell. Frequency every 20 minutes, bad bladder spasms where I have ended up on my knees, etc. I look forward to watching this start to take effect. I had success last time 😀 I feel like doing a happy dance that the procedure is today.
      Hello Everyone:-)

As of yet, I can't say the botox is working. They say it takes two weeks hopefully soon. I have had some complications from this surgery which are driving me crazy. I have cried three times in public this week too because people have refused restroom access. You have to love that. I even showed them a medical alert card stating that restroom access was required but that didn't seem to matter. Anyhow, I hope the pain starts to go down soon. Hoping with my toes and fingers crossed.

Current Meds:
      1 Elmiron 100mg 3x a day
      200mg of Pyridium 3x a day (usually do in cycles - on for a week or two as needed) - I am very careful about this.

lidocaine instillations, heparin instillations, oxybutynin by mouth also called ditropan, tylenol 3s with coedine, cyclobenzaphrine, Ativan, vesicare, Oxytrol patches worked for 3 to 4 years and then failed, I tried Uracyst and had some success but my urologist felt that it was not successful so we moved on to trying something else. .
      [/I]

Comment

Sorry to hear things gave not improved yet, praying and hoping for improvement for you too.

Comment

So I went to my family doctor. I was done. I had had it and when he said, 'I am not sure what I can do and you know if I had a magic pill I would definitely give it to you', I looked back at him and said, 'please dont make me cry.'.

You see on Monday I emailed my urologist office stating what was happening since the procedure. I received a response immediately that told me to go to the hospital because he felt that I had blood clots that was blocking the urethra but wasn't coming out with my size 10 female catheters. He wanted them to give me a size 20 catheter and put it in a couple of times.

When I got to the hospital they did not do what he asked. They said there was no blood in my urine and thus that was not possible. However, two hours before I went to the hospital there was tons of bright red blood and lots of it to the point I left work. So of course the hospital loaded me up with hydromorphone and Diazepam and sent me on my way.

Tuesday I was a complete fog and still having to catheterize every second pee - which meant I used over 20 catheters on Tuesday and the same on Wednesday. By Thursday I was done and completely drained and unable to sleep and in significant pain and the list could go on. LOL.

Three days after the procedure your bladder can NOT be paralyzed.... two weeks in the procedure should start to work - that will be on Tuesday.

My doctor decided to have my urine sample cultured. It is a long weekend here so I might hear by Tuesday. He also gave me sleeping pills which is helpful - somewhat. And I am trying compounded belladonna morphine suppositories which seem to relax my bladder. So it is a bit better than the week days but I also tested all of Friday night, Saturday and i will rest today and Monday. Praying that things start to improve soon.

Current Meds:
          1 Elmiron 100mg 3x a day

[/I]

Comment

I am so sorry this is happening to you.

Maybe next time get your uro to call your local ER and tell them directly what he would like them to do. It is so hard when you have to deal with other docs that don't really know what is going on.

I am not a doctor but maybe if you do have a large blood clot that is not able come out with a 10, maybe the clot was blocking your urethra so the blood could not come out, this could be why there was no blood when you went in, but was blood prior.

When I am having problems I have a supplie of urine sample bottles at home, I collect the sample when I am having problems, just incase I have to go in about it. So many things can effect what the urine is like. Example how much water you are drinking, some meds. My bladder used to shed its lining lots, I would have big pieces of tissue in it, other times it would be small pieces or none at all, I would collect the sample when there was lots and then take it in. I also used to get lots of blood in my urine after running, by the time I would go in it would be gone. I find docs don't tend to believe what they can't see.

I am sure you are very careful, but please be extra careful with catching so often, with the retention and frequency increases your chance of getting a UTI, you don't want that on top of things.

I assume this is different than the last time you had Botox, can I ask what is different, or what was your expirence before and now, are you documenting your symptoms.

I am glad you are able to rest over the long weekend, and that you have lots of medications to make it a bit easier.

I am finished a month if antibiotic's, sinus infections feels a lot better, but now I ache head to toe so bad I can hardly move, but I also can't lie still, it hurts too much. I still have a temp and having been feeling a bit worse each day. I saw my doc last Wenesday, he did blood work and exrays, I go back to see him Tuesday. I hurt so bad I can not sleep, my bladder is starting to niggle at me which is not uncommon for me if I get sick with something else. I am so tired of being sick, this has been going on for months now.

My husband is working all weekend so I can spend my time resting. We were going to go to our son's for thanks giving but not going now. This means I will be cooking turkey dinner tomorrow. I have made things that I can make a head of time already, so tomorrow I can rest on the couch and just get up and down to put things in the oven etc. I am going to cut up veggie's today and put them in cold water till tomorrow. This way I can pace what I have to do tomorrow and still get a fair amount of rest.

I really hope after the weekend and resting you are feeling better.

Comment

wizbe has the Botox helped? You mentioned in the past it has? How long did it take and how long did it help for?

Comment

Originally posted by ABliske View Post
                wizbe has the Botox helped? You mentioned in the past it has? How long did it take and how long did it help for?
                The botox has helped the last time. By now I had already started to see significant changes. Right now, I am not seeing any change in frequency. At least today I can pee more without having to catheterize so much. Catheterizing is a pain as you have to make sure your hands are clean, you are clean, the catheter doesn't touch anything else and with all the times I am having to do it I fear for an infection. Last time it helped me for about 6 months then I started to see a huge change downhill.

Current Meds:
                1 Elmiron 100mg 3x a day

[/I]

Comment

I think 6 months would be worth it. It if was only helping for a couple months it might be a different story because of all the hassle and pain and cost of the surgery. Of course, at times, like today I'd do almost anything for just 1 hour of relief.
                  I have a few more questions if you don't mind.
                  1. How hard was it to learn to cath yourself?
                  2. Did you learn it on your own at home or in a doctor's office? (I got all the supplies once for home instills but was too scared to try it. Hurts my urethra.)
                  3. How long after getting the injections until you can get around a walk normally? I'm thinking how long until I could work.
                  4. Does insurance cover the cost of the injections? They used to not be FDA approved for the bladder wall.
                  5. How many injections did you get?
                  6. Was it the same # as the last time?
                  Hope you feel much better soon!! So happy to hear you found something which works!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I learned to catheterize with a nurse who specializes in treating IC patients. It took maybe 10 minutes to learn. My doctor had tried to teach me but was a little clueless about how so I could never do it until I went to this nurse. It is so much easier to catheterize while sitting on a toilet than it is to do an instillation on my bed.

After the procedure it takes two days before I feel good to walk around. I usually take three days off from work. This time I should have taken four days.

I do not live in the States. My drug insurance covered the cost of the Botox completely with a special letter from my doctor stating it was for therapeutic purposes.

The amount of injections vary. My doctor does it in a grid shape. The dose for IC is 100 units.

Hope this helps you :-)

Current Meds:
                    1 Elmiron 100mg 3x a day

[/I]

Comment

Ok. So I haven't heard from my doctor about an infection which means I guess there is no infection. I am 2 weeks 2 days in and still no difference in the frequency and today the darn navel pain is back. Trying to remain positive. I guess I should go catheterize again - retention seems to be my only effect of the botox so far - yet spasms are still happening and urgency today is out of the world. So so strange. There is always a hope of a brighter tomorrow

Current Meds:
                      1 Elmiron 100mg 3x a day

[/I]

Comment

I hope tomorrow is better for you. Sorry it hasn't worked like last time, but maybe it still will.

I was put on another round of antibiotic's, hopefully this time is the charm, for the first time since beginning of Aug I actually can say I feel ok, not great but I don't feel sick.

I go for a minor surgery Fri that I have been waiting since June for, and also go a call that I can see a new ENT a week tomorrow, I have only been waiting a couple of weeks to see him.

Comment

Best wishes, Mothergoose as you head for surgery today. I hope that it goes well. I also hope that the antibiotics really work this time.

Yesterday was a very painful day and the frequency stayed the same. I did go to my osteopath yesterday. We chatted about possible causes.

He believes I should see an Immunologist. He thinks auto-immune is my problem. As he stretched my pelvic floor, he once again told me of all the scarring and adhesions. My bladder is attached places it shouldn't be and my cervix is attached to the vaginal wall in ways it shouldn't be.

I can't help but wonder why it seems that urologists only treat the bladder and not everything else surrounding it - like the ligament from my belly button to bladder, this is where my main problem is. Seriously, if there was a surgery to have that ligament removed, I would do it.

Current Meds:
                          1 Elmiron 100mg 3x a day

[/I]

Comment

I see an immunologist I have primary immune deficiency
                            I was born with this it is not an autoimmune disorder getting treatment for this has helped my I C.
                            Maybe b/c it has cut down on number of infections, my IC always bothers me when I get sick.
                            It also really cut down on the number of UTI I get.
                            There is some basic testing they can do before sending you to an immuno.

Comment

I am sitting in waiting room waiting to be called into day surgery.
                              I got to spend last night and tonight with my grand daughter.
                              I am sure the worst part of this will be driving in the snow yesterday to get here.
                              I don't like driving on hyway in the snow at the best of times let a lone by myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X