No announcement yet.

Newly diagnosed

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Newly diagnosed

    I was just diagnosed with IC with Hunner’s ulcers. Does anybody know good uro doctors in Chicago area who specialize in treating this type of IC? My dr wants to do fulguration but I would rather have steroid injection as this is less invasive.I will greatly appreciate your help. Thanks

  • #2
    to the IC Network.

    It's pretty hard to find a doctor who specializes in IC --- there just aren't enough of us to support a total practice. One thing I suggest is to tell your doctor you'd prefer to try instillations before going for fulguration --- then if he/she refuses, you can always look for someone else to treat your IC. If you go to the IC Network home page, you'll find a link to information about medical professionals who have been recommended by other IC patients.

    Stay safe

    Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center -
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) -

    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

    Patient Help:


    Diet list:

    AUA Guidelines:

    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

    Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool