Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Misoprostol/Cytotec -- what is your experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Misoprostol/Cytotec -- what is your experience?

Originally posted by Rojo View Post
    Is anyone in this forum still trying Cytotec? Seems all info fell away several years ago. It's so strange.
    I still take a Misoprostol tab daily. Whenever I notice bladder discomfort from catsup, I take an extra tab. This med was like a miracle for me. It can cause miscarriage but I had already had a hysterectomy.
    It is an old anti-ulcer med and increases mucus lining to give opportunity for self-healing. Sure worked for me!
    Started Cytotec 1-24-06

Comment

Butternut, I'm in my second day and it's just like you said. The burning and urgency are about 80% better! I is a God thing I found your post buried from the past. I'm so grateful. Can you tell me if it helped the burning post sex. The next day I'll fight great irritation. Thank you so much!

Comment

Originally posted by Rojo View Post
        Butternut, I'm in my second day and it's just like you said. The burning and urgency are about 80% better! I is a God thing I found your post buried from the past. I'm so grateful. Can you tell me if it helped the burning post sex. The next day I'll fight great irritation. Thank you so much!
        I'm sorry, I don't have experience with that one. I'm so happy it's working for you!!
        Started Cytotec 1-24-06

Comment

My last question, I think😜. Did you have any breakthrough symptoms at first? Really feeling better then some irritation here and there? I've noticed that today. I know it's still early but trying to interpret what all is happening.

Comment

I had to have an abortion last week Wednesday because the baby had died weeks ago and I wasn't miscarrying naturally. So I was given the cytotec to insert to begin the abortion process before doing a D&C. Anyways I noticed the day after my pain was like 80% gone!!! The pain crept back up a bit but I had to take the cytotec again on Monday because I was still retaining tissue and I noticed the pain is almost disappeared again! That's made me research the medicine and realised it can be used for IC. I will discuss it with my doc and will use it after I have an IUD in place. I have moderate to severe IC that requires a lot of narcotics, anti depressanta and nerve pain meds so I hope this works for me. Already I don't need oxycodone or ms contin anymore, I am down to one codeine tablet in the afternoon and gabapentin and amitryptilline at night. I still take levbid twice a day. I pray i keep getting better. It feels like a miracle. I drank an entire coke on Friday (haven't had soda in years) and did a 4 hour Road trip, with zero flare up.

Comment

Working...
            X