Pioneering the Misoprostol/Cytotec Grassroots "anecdotal" trials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pioneering the Misoprostol/Cytotec Grassroots "anecdotal" trials

I am posting this thread in the areas most likely to be populated/visited by IC sufferers for whom pregnancy is not a significant probability: men, patients over fifty, and women with hysterectomies or considering them.

I know that there must be some men who end up feeling out of place in our heavily female-dominated board, not to mention alienated by the occasional male-bashing that we women occasionally can't resist -- obviously inspired by men outside the ranks of ICN posters or IC patients. I have wondered if this has prevented some men from hanging out on the ICN long enough to discover all of its subfora and occasional hidden gem. (For example "ihurttoo"-Amy only recently discovered the involved discussion of drug that seems to have put a few women into remission quite easily.)

I am posting in hope that the men seeking information here will give some attention to the discussion of cytotec, and, if other things have been failing them, consider if they might try it. Because so many IC patients are women and this drug is so strongly contraindicated for pregnancy, and because this drug is no longer patented, it may have been a truly overlooked weapon so far in the fight with bladder pain/frequency/urgency. The more patients try it for IC, the greater the body of experience with it will be, and the greater the word-of-mouth-created awareness of it will be as one option in the doctor's pharmaceutical arsenal. (If I read correctly, it was an ICN reader who recently presented the idea of misoprostol for IC to Robert Moldwin himself.) But, again, the most effective way to begin is with anyone for whom pregnancy is a non-issue. Those for whom pregnancy is a possibility in the minds of their doctors will stand to benefit greatly from the initiative and experience of those who went ahead before them because it was easier for them to get their foot in the door for merely trying it out. And it seems that some of those who go first will stand to find some degree of relief form their IC.

Here are the two areas that contain misoprostol/cytotec discussion:

http://www.ic-network.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=156

http://www.ic-network.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99

I'll be very interested in your thoughts.

Thank you for posting this, Baba Yaga!

Blessings,
    Lori

Comment

Hiya Baba (cool name, btw. do you live in a hut with chicken legs?),

Sorry, I'm a few years late on this one. I am male, have been diagnosed with IC, and just started Cytotec yesterday. I live in Hong Kong and was able to get it over the counter. If it works, I'll mail you a crate of the stuff.

Here's to hoping.

Comment

Originally posted by ouchmyjunk View Post

Sorry, I'm a few years late on this one. I am male, have been diagnosed with IC, and just started Cytotec yesterday. I live in Hong Kong and was able to get it over the counter. If it works, I'll mail you a crate of the stuff.

Here's to hoping.
        Dear Ouchmyjunk,

This is a very old thread. It is from 2006...5 years old. Wendy, (Baba Yaga), hasn't posted here since 2006. I just wanted to let you know so you wouldn't be waiting for her to reply, (or think she was rude or something if she didn't reply.) But, there are lots of threads on this subject on the Cytotec Boards here. If you need any help finding them, please let me know, and I will be glad to help you find them.

I hope the Cytotec works out for you and stops your suffering soon!

Sending hugs,
        Amaranthe
        I am not a medical professional. I do not give medical advice. In all cases, I urge you to talk to your Dr. about your treatment options.

D/Xed 2003 with IC. Also have the co-existing condtions of VV, Vulvadynia, Lupus, Fibro, GERD, CPP, Endo, & Adhesions, and Depression

Meds: Estrogel (due to total Hyster)
        The meds r/xed by my Pain Dr. from the Pain Clinic are as follows: Morphine ER and IR, Baclofen, and Lyrica and Seroquel (used off-label as a sleeping pill, but it also helps with depression)

(I listed my meds in case someone reading this has been told like so many ICers that Drs dont r/x pain meds for IC.) I want you to know that there ARE tons of us who are also dealing w/this disease and the pain and many of us ARE on pain meds.)

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Comment

Originally posted by ouchmyjunk View Post

Here's to hoping.
          Dear Ouchmyjunk,

This is a very old thread. It is from 2006...5 years old. Wendy, (Baba Yaga), hasn't posted here since 2006. I just wanted to let you know so you wouldn't be waiting for her to reply, (or think she was rude or something if she didn't reply.) But, there are lots of threads on this subject on the Cytotec Boards here. If you need any help finding them, please let me know, and I will be glad to help you find them.

I hope the Cytotec works out for you and stops your suffering soon!

Sending hugs,
          Amaranthe
          I am not a medical professional. I do not give medical advice. In all cases, I urge you to talk to your Dr. about your treatment options.

D/Xed 2003 with IC. Also have the co-existing condtions of VV, Vulvadynia, Lupus, Fibro, GERD, CPP, Endo, & Adhesions, and Depression

Meds: Estrogel (due to total Hyster)
          The meds r/xed by my Pain Dr. from the Pain Clinic are as follows: Morphine ER and IR, Baclofen, and Lyrica and Seroquel (used off-label as a sleeping pill, but it also helps with depression)

(I listed my meds in case someone reading this has been told like so many ICers that Drs dont r/x pain meds for IC.) I want you to know that there ARE tons of us who are also dealing w/this disease and the pain and many of us ARE on pain meds.)

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Comment

Working...
          X