cytotec...life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cytotec...life

Cytotec gave me my life back... but over the last few days I started getting my period and it's giving me a full BLOWN IC flare!

I have 3 exams this week: tommorow (or actually today) I have philosophy, wednesday I have a british lit exam and thursday I have a history of medicine in western society exam

yay

tommorow I also have a bio lab quiz and bio lab report due (and my B*** of 2 of my lab partners STUCK me with their work), sometimes I WISH IC ON OTHERS, I know this is wrong but I think it's so twisted that the "sick" one is stuck with the most work....

so now, It's 12:15am, I have to get up in a couple of hours to finish THEIR lab report which is part of MY grade... study for both my history and philosophy exams and bio quiz and TAKE MY PHILOSOPHY EXAM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah (ok why isn't there a smily face that's just plain screaming??!)

the complication now is that I've broken out in HIVES! I no longer take an antihistamine because I DIDN"T NEED IT! But now I have 3 HUGE hives along my spine, on my legs, head etc. and I do not want to take atarax because I KNOW it's going to compromise my ability to take that exam tommorow so I just used hydrocortisone cream that's obviously not kicking in.

oh, and last week my mom left for South Africa for 3 months and it's in the middle of the night there so I can't even call her to vent... I called my darling brother and he tries very hard to understand what I'm going through but I don't think he quite gets it....

I'm registered with the awful student's dissabilities services but they are honestly a joke.... I'm not even going to go into that, but seriously they're no help and not an option

TOMMOROW I FEEL LIKE WEARING A T-SHIRT WITH MY CYSTOSCOPY PICTURES POSTED ON IT
    current meds:
    cytotec 200mcg twice daily
    toprol
    allegra

ONLY 3 MEDICATIONS!!! YAY! Would never have dreamed this is possible

dx: hashimoto's thyroiditis 1998
    dx: interstitial cystitis via cystoscopy with hydrodistention and biopsy 2003
    dx: endometriosis 2003
    dx: innapropriate sinus tacchicardia 2005

meds tried but failed:
    elavil (6months)- severe tachycardia
    elmiron (1yr6mo.)- no improvement, nausea, hair loss, stomach ulcers
    a bunch of others

Me and my best friend's baby (also my Godson!)

Whoa... sounds like you are totally stressed out and have good reason to be!! It's really unfair when we are stuck with the work of people who are too lazy to do it; the worst thing is, they'll get credit for whatever it is they didn't do anyway. I can see why you are angry and stressed.

I'm sure your hives and IC flare are at least partly due to this stuff. s
    Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
    *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
    *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
    *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Benadryl makes a cream for allergic rashes. It is great stuff - along the lines of calamine lotion. I use it when I start itching from meds or coming into contact with something that makes me breakout. It works well - especially when you can't take an antihistamine.

Your situation is one reason I am against group work in school or other places.

You really have too much going on - I hope you were able to get everything done and that you are able to get some rest.

Comment

thanks for the replies... I think my philosophy exam went okay and the hives are gone today (although I was talking to my mom an RN today, and she said that the fact that the "hives" were running along nerves... that it sounded to her like shingles?)
        current meds:
        toprol
        allegra

meds tried but failed:
        a bunch of others

Comment

Was it painful? I have heard shingles are painful but really have no idea. I have had hives before and I just remember itching like crazy. What did your mom tell you to do for it?

Comment

It was really painful but also itched like crazy.... but I wouldn't touch it because they hurt too much.... she told me that if it happens again I should go to the er
            current meds:
            toprol
            allegra

meds tried but failed:
            a bunch of others

Comment

Yikes, I think your Mom might be right. If they are following nerve pathways and are painful it could be a possiblity(shingles that is). Are the lesions open? I hope your exams and lab turn out well. I completely understand the group who dumps on the hard worker and then ride your coat tails and hard work for an A. Had quite a few projects in nursing school that were that way and I can still remember those slacker people by name. If those areas don't improve, I would go to the doc as soon as possible. They maybe able to put you on an oral antiviral like Valtrex or Zovirax(if it is shingles)and I believe Zovirax comes in a cream as well. Hang in there!

Hugs,
              Barb
              (Babs passed away in April 2009. We honor her memory and remember her fondly. - Jill O. ICN President & Founder)

[SIZE="1"]Proud mama of a gift named Lindsey who taught me through her autism what is important in life:angel:
              :angel: IC Angel Volunteer Coordinator :angel:
              :) Contact me via PM or e-mail if you would like to help
              I have learned all about life in 3 words: It goes on! :D--Robert Frost
              PCOS 7/85
              RSD 7/94 :headbang:
              Endometriosis 9/98 :toilet:
              Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome 9/99
              Kidney stones--too many to count
              Factor V Leiden mutation 10/02
              IC 6/03 :evilsmile
              Deep Venous Thrombosis and Cellulitis 12/05 :loco: DVT and Greenfield Placed 3/14/08
              "Spirit is an invisible force made visible in all of life"--Maya Angelou
              "Ohana means family--no one gets left behind or forgotten." Stitch[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Comment

My husband had shingles and I learned that one way to know that's the problem is that if you were to draw a line down the center of your nose, completely to your crotch, up the center of your back and around the center of your head until the lines meet (dividing your body in half) --- if it's shingles, every one of the bumps will be on the same side of the line. When my Terry had them, it was on his scalp and face and you could definitely see the dividing line.

If it IS shingles, please see a doctor ASAP --- there are some very effective treatments for it.

Donna
                Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Hope you feel better soon! Hang in there!

Blessings,
                  Lori

Comment

I took Allegra last night and covered all the "bumps" with hydrocortisone cream and they're gone today..... if they happen again I'll definitely go to the doctor, thanks for all the replies

I was telling my "best friend" basically what I said in the top post and this is the reply I got:

"Just because something bad happens it doesn’t mean you can be negative, things happen Carla, which is the way life is, and things are not always going to be dandy. I know people whose lives are worse then yours and I have never herd anything negative come from their mouth, you have it very good compared to some people. You have it VERY good."

and

"What? Why? omg, is that health disorders. Don’t f**** start with me. GET OVER YOURSELF. I am so sick of you complaining, and talking about the whole ‘oh sorry me, I am sick’.
                    You are to busy worried about your own self, and feeling bad for yourself."

great friend huh?
                    current meds:
                    toprol
                    allegra

meds tried but failed:
                    a bunch of others

Comment

Okay, I'm kind of drunk right now because it is our anniversary and we went out to dinner and I decided to have a couple of brandy and cokes, so I'm probably going to say something I'll regret later, but - I would dump that friend. Does not sound like a real friend at all to me. I have nothing to do with toxic, hurtful people. Unless she is never like this and this is a very unusual case. If this is the first time she's been like this, maybe you guys can just talk and see what the deal is, but if she's been like this often, I'd say...get rid of the friend. Really, life is too darn short.

Blessings,
                      Lori

Comment

When I had shingles my dr. gave me a pill specific for the disease. It went away no pain. I think it started with a "Z" and stress definately caused mine!!
                        past meds:
                        elmiron 100mg 3 x a day
                        cystoprotek 6 a day
                        elavil 10 mg
                        Femcon fe
                        non-shellfish vegetarian glucosamine HCL
                        750mg once a day

Comment

Originally posted by sacausa
                          I took Allegra last night and covered all the "bumps" with hydrocortisone cream and they're gone today..... if they happen again I'll definitely go to the doctor, thanks for all the replies

I was telling my "best friend" basically what I said in the top post and this is the reply I got:

"Just because something bad happens it doesn’t mean you can be negative, things happen Carla, which is the way life is, and things are not always going to be dandy. I know people whose lives are worse then yours and I have never herd anything negative come from their mouth, you have it very good compared to some people. You have it VERY good."

and

"What? Why? omg, is that health disorders. Don’t f**** start with me. GET OVER YOURSELF. I am so sick of you complaining, and talking about the whole ‘oh sorry me, I am sick’.
                          You are to busy worried about your own self, and feeling bad for yourself."

great friend huh?

That is NOT a friend. Period. You are a very pretty girl and I suspect this "friend" has a bit of jealousy going on behind the scenes. Even girls that are pretty themselves will get jealous and snitty. They don't want anyone else to be pretty, just themselves. So you don't need extra stress in your life right?

HUGS,
                          Moonheart
                          http://www.TheCraftyEwe.etsy.com

Comment

I have to agree that this is definitely not a friend and with all of the stress you are under you definitely do not need this to add to it.

Comment

I agree with moonheart.
                              Sadly, I wouldn't put it past some of my friends to say something like that either. People get mad if I ignore them, but sometimes I do it because I know I will start complaining, and then they will tell me to stop complaining, and then I will get mad at them so it is just easier to put off seeing them.

I'm feeling pretty crappy myself. I thought I was making progress, and now I am overdue on all these assignments, I lost a professor's CD (she is going to freak!), I have a cold, I've got my period which is making my IC worse, I feel as though I am about to give birth to a bowling ball, and I just yelled at my mom and she probably thinks I'm suicidal or something (I'm not, I'm just a big talker).

BUT I know I need to snap out of this, start doing some homework, try to make myself happier... maybe get a new haircut tomorrow...something, because if I don't I am going to loose all the progress I made and the IC really will get worse, and then it iwll be my fault.

I hope you can get past all this stress, and your flare goes away soon. You've come so far, I would hate it if things got worse again for you!

Anyways, g2g pee again

feel better soon!

~*miz_sunshine87*~
                              19 y/o student, salesperson, fashionista, future high school teacher. <3 to sing and travel. Dream job= cruise ship entertainer
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              My IC story- diagnosed at age 15 (Feb 2004), after approx. 6 mos of symptoms. Went into near complete remission following hydrodistention and introduction of meds. Feeling so good that I started skipping meds (bad idea). 1 week flare (May 2006). New flare November 2006-present.
                              My triggers- I'm not sure about food triggers, just started IC diet but so far doesn't seem to be doing much. Stress is a big trigger for me though. Both flares this year came during stressful times. I think that stress reduction will help me immensely (last flare went AWAY during vacation in Mexico when I was drinking margaritas like they were water;P).
                              Start of IC symptoms- Summer 2003 (after a UTI)
                              Dx- February 2004, after hydrodistension (ouch!)

Current treatments- Amytriptyline (25mg), Hydroxizine (25mg), MSM w/Glucosamine (1000mg,3x/day), quercetin (500mg, 2x/day), trying to stick to IC diet, prelief as needed.

Previous treatments- Amytriptyline (10mg), Hydroxizine (10mg), Alesse (HBC)

Comment

Working...
                              X