• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    glassd18
    ICN Member

• glassd18
    replied
    Good for you Sacausa!! Congrats!!! To bad about your friend. Through experience I've seen friends come and go. It's a cycle or something!!! It's always a loss though!!

Leave a comment:

• sacausa
    ICN Member

• sacausa
    replied
    oh also wanted to add that I got a B+ on the history of medicine class which I'm happy with since it was the first exam of the semester and an A on the british lit exam.........

oh and most importantly my FLARE is over, but I can't wait for Friday which is the beginning of my Spring Break to just deSTRESS!

Leave a comment:

• sacausa
    ICN Member

• sacausa
    replied
    So the exams went well! I got an A+ on the philosophy exam and a B+ on the biology exam (which is very good considering the class average is 50!)

I'm no longer friends with my "best friend" she acutally ended up being the one to say she no longer wants to be friends with me, and well I didn't argue.

Leave a comment:

• glassd18
    ICN Member

• glassd18
    replied
    Sorry your having troubles Sacausa!!! I hope your exams go well despite how you feel. I'm home today because I was too sick to make it to work this morning. Bladder is killing me. I'm trying to put myself together to make it to work right now ugh. I know how you feel!!!

Di

Leave a comment:

• miz_sunshine87
    IC Friend

• miz_sunshine87
    replied
    I agree with moonheart.
    Sadly, I wouldn't put it past some of my friends to say something like that either. People get mad if I ignore them, but sometimes I do it because I know I will start complaining, and then they will tell me to stop complaining, and then I will get mad at them so it is just easier to put off seeing them.

I'm feeling pretty crappy myself. I thought I was making progress, and now I am overdue on all these assignments, I lost a professor's CD (she is going to freak!), I have a cold, I've got my period which is making my IC worse, I feel as though I am about to give birth to a bowling ball, and I just yelled at my mom and she probably thinks I'm suicidal or something (I'm not, I'm just a big talker).

BUT I know I need to snap out of this, start doing some homework, try to make myself happier... maybe get a new haircut tomorrow...something, because if I don't I am going to loose all the progress I made and the IC really will get worse, and then it iwll be my fault.

I hope you can get past all this stress, and your flare goes away soon. You've come so far, I would hate it if things got worse again for you!

Anyways, g2g pee again

feel better soon!

Leave a comment:

• aprilmae
    IC Friend

• aprilmae
    replied
    I have to agree that this is definitely not a friend and with all of the stress you are under you definitely do not need this to add to it.

Leave a comment:

• Moonheart
    ICN Member

• Moonheart
    replied
    Originally posted by sacausa
    I took Allegra last night and covered all the "bumps" with hydrocortisone cream and they're gone today..... if they happen again I'll definitely go to the doctor, thanks for all the replies

I was telling my "best friend" basically what I said in the top post and this is the reply I got:

"Just because something bad happens it doesn’t mean you can be negative, things happen Carla, which is the way life is, and things are not always going to be dandy. I know people whose lives are worse then yours and I have never herd anything negative come from their mouth, you have it very good compared to some people. You have it VERY good."

and

"What? Why? omg, is that health disorders. Don’t f**** start with me. GET OVER YOURSELF. I am so sick of you complaining, and talking about the whole ‘oh sorry me, I am sick’.
    You are to busy worried about your own self, and feeling bad for yourself."

great friend huh?

That is NOT a friend. Period. You are a very pretty girl and I suspect this "friend" has a bit of jealousy going on behind the scenes. Even girls that are pretty themselves will get jealous and snitty. They don't want anyone else to be pretty, just themselves. So you don't need extra stress in your life right?

HUGS,
    Moonheart

Leave a comment:

• swarr
    ICN Member

• swarr
    replied
    When I had shingles my dr. gave me a pill specific for the disease. It went away no pain. I think it started with a "Z" and stress definately caused mine!!

Leave a comment:

• ICLori
    ICN Member

• ICLori
    replied
    Okay, I'm kind of drunk right now because it is our anniversary and we went out to dinner and I decided to have a couple of brandy and cokes, so I'm probably going to say something I'll regret later, but - I would dump that friend. Does not sound like a real friend at all to me. I have nothing to do with toxic, hurtful people. Unless she is never like this and this is a very unusual case. If this is the first time she's been like this, maybe you guys can just talk and see what the deal is, but if she's been like this often, I'd say...get rid of the friend. Really, life is too darn short.

Blessings,
    Lori

Leave a comment:

• sacausa
    ICN Member

• sacausa
    replied
    I took Allegra last night and covered all the "bumps" with hydrocortisone cream and they're gone today..... if they happen again I'll definitely go to the doctor, thanks for all the replies

I was telling my "best friend" basically what I said in the top post and this is the reply I got:

"Just because something bad happens it doesn’t mean you can be negative, things happen Carla, which is the way life is, and things are not always going to be dandy. I know people whose lives are worse then yours and I have never herd anything negative come from their mouth, you have it very good compared to some people. You have it VERY good."

and

"What? Why? omg, is that health disorders. Don’t f**** start with me. GET OVER YOURSELF. I am so sick of you complaining, and talking about the whole ‘oh sorry me, I am sick’.
    You are to busy worried about your own self, and feeling bad for yourself."

great friend huh?

Leave a comment:

• ICLori
    ICN Member

• ICLori
    replied
    Hope you feel better soon! Hang in there!

Blessings,
    Lori

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    ICN Staff

• ICNDonna
    replied
    My husband had shingles and I learned that one way to know that's the problem is that if you were to draw a line down the center of your nose, completely to your crotch, up the center of your back and around the center of your head until the lines meet (dividing your body in half) --- if it's shingles, every one of the bumps will be on the same side of the line. When my Terry had them, it was on his scalp and face and you could definitely see the dividing line.

If it IS shingles, please see a doctor ASAP --- there are some very effective treatments for it.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Babs RN
    Angel watching over us

• Babs RN
    replied
    Yikes, I think your Mom might be right. If they are following nerve pathways and are painful it could be a possiblity(shingles that is). Are the lesions open? I hope your exams and lab turn out well. I completely understand the group who dumps on the hard worker and then ride your coat tails and hard work for an A. Had quite a few projects in nursing school that were that way and I can still remember those slacker people by name. If those areas don't improve, I would go to the doc as soon as possible. They maybe able to put you on an oral antiviral like Valtrex or Zovirax(if it is shingles)and I believe Zovirax comes in a cream as well. Hang in there!

Hugs,
    Barb

Leave a comment:

• sacausa
    ICN Member

• sacausa
    replied
    It was really painful but also itched like crazy.... but I wouldn't touch it because they hurt too much.... she told me that if it happens again I should go to the er

Leave a comment:

• aprilmae
    IC Friend

• aprilmae
    replied
    Was it painful? I have heard shingles are painful but really have no idea. I have had hives before and I just remember itching like crazy. What did your mom tell you to do for it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X