No announcement yet.

cytotec...life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know using Cytotec to treat IC is experimental. However, I don't think people realize that Cytotec has been around for AGES to treat stomach ulcers by reducing acid etc. It's actually been around much longer than Elmiron. But I'll get off my little soap box now

I think I'll probably have to take it for the rest of my life.... I can't miss a dose without feeling it in my bladder (insane burning/pain) so I'll happily take it forever..

I had a moment last night where I looked at my hand and there were only three pills that I had to take... One for my heart, one for allergies, and one for IC. It was an amazing experience because two years ago, I had to take 11 medications everyday (Elmiron, Ditropan, Ultram, Neurontin, Menest, Depo Provera, Allegra, Atarax, Bentyl, Toprol for my heart, and Levothroid for my thyroid!)

Quite a difference if I must say so myself
    current meds:
    cytotec 200mcg twice daily
    toprol
    allegra

ONLY 3 MEDICATIONS!!! YAY! Would never have dreamed this is possible

dx: hashimoto's thyroiditis 1998
    dx: interstitial cystitis via cystoscopy with hydrodistention and biopsy 2003
    dx: endometriosis 2003
    dx: innapropriate sinus tacchicardia 2005

meds tried but failed:
    elavil (6months)- severe tachycardia
    elmiron (1yr6mo.)- no improvement, nausea, hair loss, stomach ulcers
    a bunch of others

Me and my best friend's baby (also my Godson!)

Comment

(Even Elmiron has been around since about 1966 - used in Europe as an anticoagulant... )
      Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

I can tell that one for sure because even if I have a pore that gets overly cleansed it bleeds...and bleeds....and.....

you get the picture.

I have sores that just don't heal for weeks now. But if it works..... *sigh*
        http://www.TheCraftyEwe.etsy.com

Comment

Sacausa that's great!! I wish it would have worked for me, but I just had terrible side effects that I didn't tolerate well...diarrhea being the main one. Sorry for the description!!! I was just prescribed Neurontin, but haven't picked it up yet. Is there anything you can tell me about it? What to expect etc... It was prescribed for me from the neurologist for my back and hip pain at bed time.

Comment

Working...
          X