research on dextroamphetamine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• research on dextroamphetamine

I have been reading these posts with interest, and also doing searches online. I found one site that I wish I could post a link to, but I am technically challenged and will say to just google the following: freshpatents.com/Treatment-of-interstitial-cystitis. Towards the bottom he mentions the "water load test" whereby a person drinks 1500 cc of water in half an hour, then records urine output for the next four hours. If less than 1125 cc is excreted, they are said to have "failed" the test which points to having "idiopathic edema", which as far as I can tell is an abnormal swelling of the bladder because the water is being absorbed through the wall of the bladder and not being excreted to the degree that it would by a normal bladder. Also from what I can tell, this is what the dextroamphetamine somehow works on, which is why it helps with symptoms.

I have always wondered why, when I'm in a bad flare, it seems that although I am drinking fluids, very little seems to actually come out. I know another IC patient who says the exact same thing. The amount that is urinated out does not seem to come close to what was taken in.

Does anyone have knowledge about this, or thoughts or comments? I am about to contact my psych about this since he even already offered me this treatment for refractory depression (really the issue is more that I cannot tolerate most medications and this is something for depression that we have not tried).

I tried it

I followed the instructions and I barley failed the test, but dex did not help me. (I only took one pill and I could feel it flaring). As I remember I think I drank the water and then lay down and measured pee output, but I can't remember the specific instructions.
    I got IC in 1970! I was not diagnosed until 1991. I've tried many drugs and therapies but I tend to only resort to drugs when in a flare because when I am not in a flare (from being good on diet), I suffer only from small bladder volume (like about 7 ozs.) and peeing will relieve the discomfort. When I am feeling relatively normal, I say to myself I am glad I am not on a drug. When I am in a flare, I say, why am I not on a drug! I've recently have been trying to solve my connective issue problems in general. I look to diet and herbs mostly unless it gets really bad. I still think there is great hope for each individual finding a path to healing and there are many.

Comment

Working...
    X