LiRIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LiRIS

I just found out that I qualify to be a part of the LiRIS clinical trial. I will begin the process on April 16th. Has anyone been a part of this trail that has any info/suggestions for me?

LiRIS

I have the pretzel in right now. I will get it out next Wed. I have no suggestions except that you are doing a great thing for everyone out there in being a part of this important study. Good luck, I hope you get the lidocaine.

Comment

Thanks jp. Me too! At least we know we will definitely get lidocaine in the second phase of the study! Best of luck to you as well.

Comment

Thank you so much ladies for taking the time out to do this.

Comment

Welcome! I'm just thankful that I'm able to be a part of something so promising to all of us who are suffering.

Comment

Thanks, tpronti. I hope this proves to be a very good thing for all.

Comment

Thanks, Kdub..Where are you located? Please let us know how you are doing.

Comment

what is it like to have the pretzel in? does it feel uncomfortable? do you feel you are getting some relief from IC symptoms?
                Diagnosed with IC October 2009- through bladder biopsy (no glomerations or hunners ulcers found, just irritation)

I have moderate-severe IC

Currently stopped taking all medications due to pregnancy

Comment

LiRIS

At first, right afte the cystoscopy, I thought I could feel it tug a little, but then it may have been just the feelings after the cysto. I haven't had that feeling in the past week. Sometimes I think it has made a difference in the urgency, but then I have urgency again!! And I really don't have much pain, but then again, it could also be that I have the placebo and I am not in a flare right now as far as pain goes. So, I can't say that it has made a huge difference I get it out on Wed. and then I will know whether I got the real thing or not. I will keep you posted. I wish I could be so definite about it making a HUGE difference, but I can't. If it is the placebo, I will go back and then have the lidocaine put in. I will go through it all again, but this time I will know that it is lidocaine in there.

Comment

thanks please keep me updated. The nearest clinical trial site to me is a little over 2 hours away. . I wish it was more local. Its just a whole lot of driving. The study sounds promising and I really hope it gets approved before 2015.
                    Diagnosed with IC October 2009- through bladder biopsy (no glomerations or hunners ulcers found, just irritation)

I have moderate-severe IC

Currently stopped taking all medications due to pregnancy

Comment

Yes, please keep us updated.

Comment

Liris

Originally posted by jp View Post
                        I have the pretzel in right now. I will get it out next Wed. I have no suggestions except that you are doing a great thing for everyone out there in being a part of this important study. Good luck, I hope you get the lidocaine.
                        Hi! I am new to this chat room. I have Interstital Cystitis and I am always in pain. If you would please let me now how the Liris works? Good luck I hope it works for you!

Comment

LiRIS

Hi. I am so sorry you have IC. It is challenging. I was diagnosed back in 1987, so I am a long time warrior.

If you don't know what the "lidocaine pretzel " is, google it. This is what the LiRIS treatment is affectionately called. It is about the size of a quarter. They put it in your bladder via a cystoscopy. It goes in like a long noodle, and then curls around to form a pretzel like form.

It stays in for two weeks giving a continuous feed of lidocaine into the bladder. I really can't say that I know for certain I have that or a placebo. But this wed. I will find out as they remove it. They do blood work and you keep pain and voiding diaries. After it is removed, they monitor me for four weeks. If I have the placebo, I can then go and have the real lidocaine put in. I think I have less urgency. Bladder pain is not as intense as it was for years, but urgency is my main complaint. Especially at night.

there is real hope that this LiRIS treatment will not only help IC sufferers, but also people with other diseases , like bladder cancer, etc.

I hope this answers your question. If you have the trials in your area, you might think about becoming a part of this study.

Comment

Liris

The trial sites are too far away from me, I started begging to get in when I first heard of the pretzel. I cannot tell you how grateful I am that you folks are out there testing this new product for those of us that can't. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart!
                            ICGRRL

Angela

Comment

LiRIS

ICGRRL, Thank you for the kind words. I got the pretzel out yesterday, and now will be monitored for four weeks. I think I got the lidocaine, but urgency at night is still bothersome. I am not sure what they expect from the pretzel, or how much they expect as far as results go, but I have not been in much pain and the urgency is less during the day. Also, when I go pee, I am able to expell all of it, unlike before when I was holding at least 200cc's. So, I am happy for these results. I will find out if I got the lidocaine in two weeks.

Hang in there. Help is on its way !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X