Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solfish37
    replied
    I think whatever helps we should be grateful for. I do know, however...some patients can't take it because it causes retention and makes it so that the bladder gets lazy and won't empty. Hence, the symptoms get nastier. That happened to me with ditropan...man...I couldn't pee even though I was desperate. So, my uro says that can happen, especially with long term use. (it only took like one week for me )

I hope it continues to works for all you it works for. It bit for me blah

Bye

Leave a comment:

• dixiefireball
    replied
    that is wonderful news i'm glad it is helping your child its bad enough having ic when adult but poor little children its just not right but thank God it is helping her. grouphug

Leave a comment:

• efwinslow
    replied
    My daughter (6) has IC and has been on ditropan xl since last June with no plans to have her come off of it. It has helped her reduce the frequency greatly! Now she can play like other 6 year olds without going to the bathroom 4-6 times an hour. I do not notice any side effects.

Leave a comment:

• vm
    replied
    I have never heard that before, Kadi. I have heard of a lot of people taking it long term.

Leave a comment:

• dixiefireball
    replied
    i'm not sure but i have taking the xl before and what i read about it it was not for long term use and for those that get uti alot it can give them a uti.
    now i found that on there site. i didnt have to use it that long i used it for bladder spasm and it didnt help me much best of luck. grouphug

Leave a comment:

• sunshine_77us
    replied
    I started taking Ditropan xl this month. I take one 5 mg. every morning. I have not heard that it was not for long term use so I would be interested to know about this also.

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    started a topic ditropan?

ditropan?

I just read on another IC site that Ditropan is not for long term use by IC patients. The site did not give a reason or any explanation. My doctor has not said anything like that to me.

But I found this upsetting, because I don't think I'd get any sleep without the Ditropan. (I only take 5 mg. at night, unless I'm flaring really bad, then I'll add a half tablet in daytime if at work).

Does this have any basis that any of you have heard of? (Preferably with a reference.)

Thanks.
Working...
X