Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you dread your yearly paps and mammograms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you dread your yearly paps and mammograms?

I have just set up these 2 appts. for the 23rd and 25th of this month and I just hate doing these. I know they are important but I just don't like it. Just wanted to vent a little.
    Jolene

"Life is what happens when you are making other plans" John Lennon

IC diet cheat sheet....http://www.ic-network.com/diet/dietcheatsheet.html

Information for Patients can be found here.
    http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Jen's tips for great IC sex..http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22522&highlight=jens+tips[/url]

Newbie Angel...I will be happy to answer any questions or just listen. Email me at [email protected]

"IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you."

I had my pap test in January and had a bad flare for 2 weeks. I know I'll dread it next year. Good Luck with yours!
    Pam

Comment

Jolene...

I reminded my doc to stay away from the 'ol bladder and she actually apologized when she had to push around it. It still hurt but it made me feel better that she realized that she hurt me. I am soooo easy...lol...Sharon
      Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

A pelvic and paps are always painful for me. I am sorry that this is true for many other ICers.
        Liz

Comment

Dread is not the word. Fear? Possibly. I'm sure all women dread it, but for us dealing with IC it is especially rough. I had a pelvic about a month ago and they had to pry me off the cieling.

Good luck, hope yours is pain free.

Love,
          Jess
          Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

I had mine in Jan, and Jess explained gyn visits perfectly. My gyn is great he works with ic patients and is gentle, but, none the less I flare for a good 2 weeks after....just thinking of going in scares me.
            Brat
            'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Yes, I just had my pap last week and I came close to canceling it because I was just getting over a flare and really didn't fell like going at all, but I did...then an intern comes in to do it! My doctor didn't even inform me ahead of time or ask my permission if it would be alright with me which I didn't like, but I said nothing and went ahead with it. I just moved here a year ago and so this was only my 2nd visit to this gyno. It really kind of irked me.

Oh gosh, the mammogram. I've had only one done so far 2-3 years ago and it didn't hurt but I am a very modest person and the idea of my breast slammed in a machine like a flat pancake while someone is watching is not my idea of fun let me tell you. I am not in a rush to go through that again. But then again, it can save your life...but not fun stuff to do.

Comment

dont have my pat test because scared peeing all over the doctor i go all the time 2 the bathroom

Comment

Hi Helm,

You should really consider having your pap test done once a year, and although it hurts and you might pee, these doctors are used to seeing that, they've seen worse, remember that. They are health care professionals. I peed all over my urologist's nurse once after having DMSO instilled, my bladder spasmed like crazy and I was so embarrassed, but she told me, "I've seen worse"...that made me feel a little better.

Anyway, paps are a good tool in preventative health care. Please give them more thought. With all the diseases that accompany IC, it's a good idea. Sorry to lecture, just hope that you go back to having them done. frown

Comment

Hi Betsie, and gals, having my mammogram tomorrow, not one of my favorite things to do, but having a grandmother who died of breast cancer, makes it necessary. I always feel good, when the results come back, nothing showing. Hopefully that will be the same, this time, hugs Iris.
                    Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

Lots of hugs and warm thoughts coming your way tomorrow, Mum. I hope everything goes well and that the results come back normal.

Love,
                      Jess

Comment

Hi Jess, and thanks for the well wishes, you are a sweetie. Big hug for you, mum Iris.
                        Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

Well, I made it through these two appt. and now just have to make sure all is well. My gyno(who I dearly love) said all looked good this morning when I was there. She is so gentle doing my paps. I usually get "white coat syndrome" and my BP is up but today it was 124/72, I guess I am comfortable with them.

My Dr. asked if I do my monthly breast exams and I do. I am going to remind all of you on here how important these are. I may gripe and get worked up over these 2 appts. but they are SO important.

So that being said, all of you have a great day!
                          Jolene

"Life is what happens when you are making other plans" John Lennon

IC diet cheat sheet....http://www.ic-network.com/diet/dietcheatsheet.html

Information for Patients can be found here.
                          http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Jen's tips for great IC sex..http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22522&highlight=jens+tips[/url]

Newbie Angel...I will be happy to answer any questions or just listen. Email me at [email protected]

"IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you."

Comment

Hi Jolene, glad you made it through your appointments alright. I had my mammogram last week, and it was normal, so glad about that. Take care and a hug Iris. hi hat

Comment

Working...
                            X