Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TENS unit??HELP:-(

Help I need some input on this please.
    I was wondering if anyone has had problems insuance wise with the tens unit?
    Has anyone ever had to buy one before?

I was told that my primary insurance might only rent it for 6 months, I'm not sure if medicre will go any farther either after that.I was under the impression that they would pay for it so I could use it as long as it takes.
    I realy like it so far and don't know what I would do without it.I'm worried abput this so much.
    Thanks so much for listening to me whine.I have not done this in awhile here so please forgive me.

Take care.Love always,Zookeeper kim
    Animals are very comforting when
    pain & life gets you down...

Keep your head held high and don't let any thing bring you down.

Hi Kim,

I have a TENS unit, and was told by the physical therapist that if the insurance won't pay for it (Empi, the name of the TENS company, is kind of high in price I guess, and that's my company, though they make a fine TENS unit) you can go through the hospital and get it for cheaper.

So if my TENS works, and the insurance won't pay for it, I just go talk to the p.t. and tell her that I'd like to order one, and it's only $80 as she quoted me.

Isn't insurance great... Good luck, glad to see you posting!! Btw, how is your daughter doing??

Hugs and love,
    Jess

P.S. I remember, I think, reading in one of your posts that you were opting for the InterStim...if you did go through with it, please be careful, as you cannot place this six inches from the implant site or near the leads, it could reprogram you or give ya a little jolt. That's what Medtronics told me.
    Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

Thanks Jess,I will ask my pt about it tommorow.

My daughter is doing ok.She has excepted IC better then I did of course.She is watching things more carefully now and has had less problems. but she still has flares some days when the stress hits her.I need to keep reminding her about it,so she doesn't get to hurting to bad.
      I don't think she has had a real bad one yet.Thank the lord for that any ways.

Thanks for the in put on the tens unit.
      Take care.Love always, Zookeeper Kim
      Animals are very comforting when
      pain & life gets you down...

Keep your head held high and don't let any thing bring you down.

Comment

Hi kim,
        its good to hear your daughter is doing better.
        What did you find out about the ten's unit if you don't mind me asking.
        hope it was good news.
        hugs and prayers sent to you and your daughter grouphug angel
        Rhonda.
        Medicine taken daily or as needed:
        1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
        2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
        3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
        4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
        5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
        5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
        6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
        7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

Working...
        X