Sinus Congestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks

Just one ICer who wants to share that my bladder does not tolerate Mucinex. However, I can take the prescription guafenesin and aquatabs (which is another RX namebrand for it). There is just something in the Mucinex that makes me hurt after just one tablet.

However, GREAT advice on this list. I have such bad sinus congestion that my hearing is impaired in my right ear. The doctor said the pressure was distorting my eardrum. Fun. I feel awful. Doc had me doubling my clarinex and zyrtec and trying Nasonex RX spray. Four days of the spray and my bladder is screaming!

However, I'll try the kettle idea, the saline, the humidifier, get my aquatabs script renewed and heat up some facial pads. Somewhere in there it's gotta help, right?

Thanks!
    Laura D. in Florida

Share your poems and art about living with IC, and your IC-friendly recipes at www.art4ic.com

IC since 1994: primarily utilize herbal/natural treatments due to intolerance to many medications. Daily: Marshmallow Root Tea, Hormones, Cystoprotek, Desert Harvest Aloe Vera, Claritin, and relatively strict adherence to IC Diet.

Comment

That's the spirit!

Comment

nasal congestion

My congestion in mostly nasal and my dr and <i discussed a surgery that makes the nose holes bigger (inside) I may go for it. Right now I'm on singulair and Astelin, I also use breath right nasal strips (no side effects!)sometimes...saline works to "move things"
        I{m curious to see any homeopatic thing that works. Sometimes my right nose is totally blocked and my ear starts hurting b/c of the pressure.
        Laser cervical surgery after abnormal pap (moderate dysplasia) in 3/2004
        UTIs since mid 2004
        Recurrent yeast infections since mid 2005
        IC dx 3/2006
        V V dx 12/2006
        Other conditions: IBS, allergies, dry eyes.

Current IC medications:
        Elavil (since 12/06) 10 mg;
        Cysta Q (since 5/07)
        Rephresh acid jel every 3 days
        D-mannose, fish oil, Calcium Citrate, Multivitamins & garlic pills (sometimes)
        Probiotics Femdophilus or other brands
        Gy-Na-Tren for yeast infections (started using it as needed since 2010)
        Other Rx:Omeprazole 20mg; benadryl as needed, Restasis

Past Meds and why I stopped them:
        Elmiron: March to September 2006: headaches
        Lyrica:2 weeks in 2006: headaches
        Cystoprotek: from Jan to April 2007: nausea

Femcon Fe (2/07 to 10/07):caused spotting/bleeding
        BCP:Loestrin (since Ocotber 2007) to stop spotting for 2 months. V V worse. Stopped the pill in Nov 07.

"Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it"

Comment

Working...
        X