i have a cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have a cold

hey everyone, i wasnt sure where to ask this question....but what are some IC friendly things to use while i have a cold? i read something that said to stay away from vitamin c. should i drink more water? what about cold medications?

thanks for any tips...im going on vacation on saturday for a week and i need to get over this cold QUICK!!!
    [SIZE="1"]
    I've tried:
    Ditropan
    Detrol LA
    Levbid
    Prelief
    Elmiron
    Elavil
    Vesicare
    Cystoscopy/hydro
    Sanctura
    Enablex
    dmso and heparin instills
    Interstim

Having a cold is tough enough without adding IC. About the only thing I can take for a cold is the generic for Chlor Trimeton. I get it at Costco.

I hope you feel better soon.

Warm healing thoughts,
    Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Cold Remedies

Here is what I did for my last cold!! (I tried everything I could think of, I felt so sorry for myself!!!)

Ricola throat drops were ok for me (no artificial colors)-only one or two a day though
      Luden's Honey Licorice Throat Drops (no problem at all)
      BreatheRight nasal strips (to peel nostrils open!) Found some with Vicks right in them.
      VaporShot cup with effervescent tablets to drop in hot water & make humidifier type steam you can carry with you. (looks like a latte cup, careful not to drink!)
      Johnson's Soothing Vapor baby wash (eucalyptus & menthol in baby body wash)
      Shower Soothers fizzy disks to put in the bottom of the shower to make menthol steam
      Hot steam vaporizer by the bed
      Homemade chicken soup
      Hot pear juice with honey (very soothing for sore throat & cough)
      Massaging my sinuses (forehead & cheeks) to relieve pressure.
      Very long hot showers
      Warm compresses on sinuses
      Vicks on chest & throat (The BabyRub one is gentler)
      Vaseline on lips & under nose to ease rawness
      Rinsing nose out with Simply Saline - reduces nasal congestion
      Mucinex to reduce chest congestion

Feel better soon!!
      Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
      I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
      Source - Pinterest
      "

Current treatments:
      -IC diet
      -Elavil 50mg at night
      -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
      -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
      -Pyridium if needed,
      -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
      -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
      -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
      -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
      -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
      -Managing stress= VERY important!
      -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

I sucked it up and did nyquill.. the flair wasn't to bad but I could sleep,
        'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Some IC-ers can use commercial broths, get one without MSG. For me, though, onion powder or onions are a huge trigger, so I can't use any commercial broths. I've not found any yet without onion. If you find one, let me know, ok?

I usually just boil a piece or two of chicken with carrots, celery & a little salt. It doesn't take long - about 40 minutes. And if I make a big pot, I freeze the extra.

I feel like I'm catching a cold too Hoping to fight it off. I'm nearly out of sick leave for the school year and it's only March! I've never seen so many sick students at school as this year. Feel like I'm teaching in an ER, with so many kids coughing, sneezing, wheezing. And why do people teach their children to sneeze into their hands?!! Yukk. I've never said, "Elbow sneeze, please." so often in my life. My students think the correct response to a sneeze now is "Bless you. Purell."

Anyhow, hope we all feel better soon!
          Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
          ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
          Source - Pinterest
          "

Current treatments:
          -IC diet
          -Elavil 50mg at night
          -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
          -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
          -Pyridium if needed,
          -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
          -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
          -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
          -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
          -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
          -Managing stress= VERY important!
          -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Working...
          X